ordered a Dr. Otek pin pointer

alba359

Just ordered a Dr. Otek pinpointer for $50 from Amazon. Claims it's fully submersible in water. Supposed to detect a coin at 2" . I read some good reviews about it. It's my first pinpointer so I won't have anything to compare it to. Should be here by next week.

Thanks for the reply Cliff. I'd like to give a review, but it will be from my perspective, and I've never used a pinpointer. So it wouldn't be a fair assessment. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. Sincerely, Don

Thanks for the reply Cliff. I'd like to give a review, but it will be from my perspective, and I've never used a pinpointer. So it wouldn't be a fair assessment. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. Sincerely, Don
Your opinion will still matter. There are a lot of new people like yourself that are looking for an entry level unit. If it works well for you, it may work for them also. I haven't seen any comments on that pointer yet so any input is better than none.

Good luck in the hobby. It's a lot of fun.

Cliff

After I get it and use it a few times I'll give a review. But take it with a grain of salt guys. Sincerely, Don

Hopefully it won't be with a grain of salt, but with a couple dozen grams of gold :)

I'm looking forward to your review. It's always good to hear what people have to say about equipment.

I received the Dr. Otek pinpointer. I haven't been metal detecting to try it out. I'm planning to go detecting Thursday. Although I'm having my gallbladder removed Monday the Dr. advised as long as I don't don't lift over 20lbs I should not have problems.

I received the Dr. Otek pinpointer. I haven't been metal detecting to try it out. I'm planning to go detecting Thursday. Although I'm having my gallbladder removed Monday the Dr. advised as long as I don't don't lift over 20lbs I should not have problems.

Just a bench test will suffice. Depth? Side scan? Vibration?

Hi Slingshot, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I'll try and get an air test done inside by tonight. I hope it cools off a bit down here. I'm concerned about my detectors getting fried or boiled in this heat and humidity.

Hi Slingshot, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I'll try and get an air test done inside by tonight. I hope it cools off a bit down here. I'm concerned about my detectors getting fried or boiled in this heat and humidity.

Thanks! FEATURES like side detection and degree of vibration and depth will not vary that much in a field test!

This is my first try at testing with the Dr. Otek pin pointer. The results are: copper cent-1 1/14" , buff nickel-1 3/4", silver dime-1 1/4" ,SL half a little over 1 3/4" , Peace $-2" , 1/2" lead ball smashed - 1 1 /2" . This is by no means a totally accurate test. All I did was Mark each 1\2" on a piece of paper and put the coin at 0 and move the pin pointer toward the coin. If it works like that in the field I'll be satisfied. It seems to be well constructed. Hopefully it will last. It vibrates, no audio. It signifies the distance of the target by a colored light red to green to to blue to light blue. Light blue is closest to the target. As I have stated before, this is my first pin pointer so I have nothing to compare it to. It also states that it is water proof. I'd like to use it a few times before I check that. Hope this helps.

Thank you Seawolf I want to get detecting soon but I had my gallbladder removed yesterday. I'm hopeful it will just be a few days for recovery enough to get back to detecting and playing drums!

The review was nice! It mocks the results I had with my GP pinpointer (Garrett knockoff). For my use, I like the vibrate without sound. Loks like I'll bite the bullet for either the Tekpointer or F Pulse. Thanks for the info.

The review was nice! It mocks the results I had with my GP pinpointer (Garrett knockoff). For my use, I like the vibrate without sound. Loks like I'll bite the bullet for either the Tekpointer or F Pulse. Thanks for the info.

Just curious but why not a real carrot? I thought about the F Pulse but there were too many people with issues when I was looking.

Cliff

Just curious but why not a real carrot? I thought about the F Pulse but there were too many people with issues when I was looking.

Cliff
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Garrett! I like that I can use vibrate only without light on F Pulse. Picky, I know. As a matter of fact, I've heard now that the vibration is more robust with the carrot, so now it's a debate over one without Z link or tekpointer!:?:

Back
Top Bottom