A

Steamer trunk hardware is my best guess after doing some more research. Any opinions, I’d be willing to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandolin tailpiece. would have been L shaped but has gotten flattened. Each of those little fingers had a loop ended string hooked over it. Probably 80 years old or more. Cool find!

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Mandolin tailpiece. would have been L shaped but has gotten flattened. Each of those little fingers had a loop ended string hooked over it. Probably 80 years old or more. Cool find!

Dang! Nice job. I showed it to my wife earlier tonight and she figured it out a few minutes ago. I knew she was right as soon as she said it because of the 8 slots for strings and the bend in the metal. I got on here to post it but you were too quick!

Ha! Thanks Iggy, I am once again amazed at the variety of relics laying around. Amazed it stayed intact all these years. I have been scrolling through images of steamer trunks and vintage luggage since I found it.[emoji2359]

Stringed instruments are one of the few things I know a little about, but it doesn't intersect much with MD finds lol. Mandolins were very popular in the early 20th century.

Attachments

• Mandolin ork nr.jpg
    Mandolin ork nr.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 175
Any ideas, coin slot?

Stringed instruments are one of the few things I know a little about, but it doesn't intersect much with MD finds lol. Mandolins were very popular in the early 20th century.

This was found at an 1825 built mansion that housed wealthy families for 125 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom