I'm in the club

DiggerMD

Elite Member
My wife and I went and ate the worst meal we had eaten in quite a while so we left pretty quick. Once home and seeing it was still light outside I decided to run over to a little spot where I've been, more practicing locating targets than expecting to find anything. There was an older house on the property from the fifties but more of a squatters shack. I had been ther about 30 minutes digging 1" pieces of wire it seemed. I found 1 clad penny then this showed up....

She's my first, of many I hope and I love her. Signal sounded like pure !!!! on this bounty hunter had to put it in all metal to find it after it was out of the hole but...dig em all they say!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Way to go digger congrats!! How deep was it?

Maybe 4 inches. Like I said I never expected to find anything really so I was just digging not really keeping track. The fact that I don't have my pinpointed yet makes me dig bigger and deeper than I have to so my plugs aren't pretty at that site.

That's right Digger! That's the jagged little silver pill that's going to get you SO hooked you can't help yourself. Don't bother fighting it,it's pointless. It takes a certain kind of mentality to go dig coins and other valuables,it's the "treasure hunting fever" you will have all the time. Do you suppose that's the only Merc in your area? In that yard? The yard next door? And on..and on...and on...
Having a machine that will see that dime ACCURATELY at 8"-9" in the ground is key around here,that's the depth they are at in public ground...mostly. THAT will make your hunting come alive!
For now....fabulous find! You'll never forget your first silver,and certainly not your first Mercury dime!:grin:

Congrats Digger!!!!! I found my first Merc Sunday in my moms yard. It was a 1943...Now all I think about is going back to visit Mom and hitting up her yard and maybe her neighbor's:....LOL. Congrats, again. Great find!!!!!:congras:

That's right Digger! That's the jagged little silver pill that's going to get you SO hooked you can't help yourself. Don't bother fighting it,it's pointless. It takes a certain kind of mentality to go dig coins and other valuables,it's the "treasure hunting fever" you will have all the time. Do you suppose that's the only Merc in your area? In that yard? The yard next door? And on..and on...and on...
Having a machine that will see that dime ACCURATELY at 8"-9" in the ground is key around here,that's the depth they are at in public ground...mostly. THAT will make your hunting come alive!
For now....fabulous find! You'll never forget your first silver,and certainly not your first Mercury dime!:grin:

I agree with you except the fact I was hooked as soon as that machine was ordered. I have always been kind of a scavenger/ treasure hunter. I've always looked at what people throw away and think how crazy people must be. I have worked in construction most of my life so every morning I would peak over the top of the dumpsters and see what the new people to the neighborhood decided wouldn't fit their new house. Never to sell but give to family donate or use whoever had a need and I'm not a hoarder just hate knowing good things are out there. Anyway off on a tangent. Thank you very much for the kind words.

Congrats Digger!!!!! I found my first Merc Sunday in my moms yard. It was a 1943...Now all I think about is going back to visit Mom and hitting up her yard and maybe her neighbor's:....LOL. Congrats, again. Great find!!!!!:congras:

Tell your mom about this and she might start planting one or two out there for you for the visits. Thanks happy hunting.

Dig em all is right...many more shall follow...GL!

That has never been more real to me than today. I know a better machine will eventually be coming but I think staring with this one will teach me true discipline, patience, and appreciation. Thank you sir.

Tell your mom about this and she might start planting one or two out there for you for the visits. Thanks happy hunting.

Sounds like you know my mom...LOL She'd do just about anything to get me to visit...LOL. Hate that all the grown up stuff keeps me away, but she understands.

Back
Top Bottom