Fell down, then got stood up.

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
So lately I've been hunting an old Park and surrounding city properties in Cedartown GA. I decided to coin shoot the side of a hill near the entrance to the park. Quickly found out that my balance ain't what it used to be.

Pics & vid below.. Be sure to check out the clip at 4:07 for a good laugh. :lol::roll::laughing:

Attachments

• slq.jpg
    slq.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 844
  • 1964d-dime.jpg
    1964d-dime.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 848
  • 1945merc.jpg
    1945merc.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 917
  • 1942dmerc.jpg
    1942dmerc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 874
  • 1936-buffalo.jpg
    1936-buffalo.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 858
  • pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 873
  • allfinds.jpg
    allfinds.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 870
Watched this on Youtube earlier. i was LMAO! Not enough bleeps if it had been me taking that tumble. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Your lucky you didn't break a leg. Or worse , broke your detector.

Big Congrats on all the silver! Those steep banks are treasure troves but you got to be careful. I love detecting them! Oh yeah, nice video, I need pumping up.

beephead

I promise I did not laugh/ I have BTDT and did not find it funny/ Plus it hurt. At my age if I break something I will be in real trouble.

Congratulations on all the silver.

Rattlehead, this post and video are EXACTLY why God invented the internet and youtube. WELL DONE. I mean, sheesk, ya can't get any better than this : The audio is captured, the digs are captured. The reveals are captured, and some dude named rattlehead got richer.

I mean, heck, I bet if I smelled my computer's speakers, I could probably even smell the sweet smell of the earth when the plugs were being broken open !

If there is ever any truth to the common feedback of: "thanx for taking us along", it is earned here . Good job.

whenever I am trying to answer newbies questions, I realize that 99% of it is sound related. Hence NO AMOUNT of "printed text" will ever help the poor fellow. Yet the "lights immediately go on" when someone can actually SEE and HEAR what is going on. You can read an instruction book a million times, and still not "get it". Or you can simply see a video like this, and .... in 30 minutes, .... the "lights will go on".

Hey, great batch of hunts sir, love the SLQ!

Actually i laughed less at the fall and more at the colorful language after the fall......we must be twins seperated at birth. Except mine might have been louder lol

Rattlehead, this post and video are EXACTLY why God invented the internet and youtube. WELL DONE. I mean, sheesk, ya can't get any better than this : The audio is captured, the digs are captured. The reveals are captured, and some dude named rattlehead got richer.

I mean, heck, I bet if I smelled my computer's speakers, I could probably even smell the sweet smell of the earth when the plugs were being broken open !

If there is ever any truth to the common feedback of: "thanx for taking us along", it is earned here . Good job.

whenever I am trying to answer newbies questions, I realize that 99% of it is sound related. Hence NO AMOUNT of "printed text" will ever help the poor fellow. Yet the "lights immediately go on" when someone can actually SEE and HEAR what is going on. You can read an instruction book a million times, and still not "get it". Or you can simply see a video like this, and .... in 30 minutes, .... the "lights will go on".

I FINALLY saw a YouTube video on MD'ing that WASN'T faked ! But if he plays it right , I can see a big uptick in subscribers if he can "re-create" different MD'ing fails....or falls...

Well, I certainly did get a good laugh! Thanks for that! All told, you had a great hunt, though. I think the stander makes up for the fall-down.
You certainly did not portray your enthusiasm. I would have been "Oh yeah! A silver quarter! Nice! Uh...is this what I think it is? Holy smokes!! An actual Standing Liberty quarter! Wow!" :shock::wow:

Nice digs!
Thanks Copet! :cheers:
Watched this on Youtube earlier. i was LMAO! Not enough bleeps if it had been me taking that tumble. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Hah! Glad you got a good chuckle Jerry! I think it took me a second to realize what had happened before I started tossing out the bleep words. :lol:
Awesome finds! Your a good sport leaving that clip in the video :laughing: congrats!
Thanks Cellr! :cheers:
Your lucky you didn't break a leg. Or worse , broke your detector.
Yep, that crossed me mind afterward. It could've been a really bad day had I landed on my CTX over what turned out to be a rotten zinc penny. I was lucky for sure!
Great finds! That's one heck of a day!
Thanks PrussianBleu! :cheers:
Big Congrats on all the silver! Those steep banks are treasure troves but you got to be careful. I love detecting them! Oh yeah, nice video, I need pumping up.

beephead
Thanks beephead! Yessir, after that fall I came up with a different technique for digging out targets from the side of the bank. Down on my knees. lol
I promise I did not laugh/ I have BTDT and did not find it funny/ Plus it hurt. At my age if I break something I will be in real trouble.

Congratulations on all the silver.
Thanks George. Yeah no doubt. My old body definitely doesn't heal up as quickly as it used to.

Thank you for the kind words Tom. Sometimes I get lazy with the camera and don't record the full live digs but lately I've been trying to do it whenever I can. I definitely lack the bubbly personality and good editing skills of most of the really popular YT channels so maybe I can at least offer something useful on mine by showing the full digs as often as possible. Thanks again for the encouragement! :cheers:
Wow that’s a nice handful of silver and I like the cartouche.
Thanks GroundSweeper!
Good job! Thank you for the video and hope you’re not too banged up.
Thanks BH! Nah, just a few scratches on my arm. Not too bad.
Hey, great batch of hunts sir, love the SLQ!

Actually i laughed less at the fall and more at the colorful language after the fall......we must be twins seperated at birth. Except mine might have been louder lol
Thanks BT! LOL! :lol:
That was definitely a steep hill.:yes: Congrats on the nice loot!
Thanks metaladdict!
I FINALLY saw a YouTube video on MD'ing that WASN'T faked ! But if he plays it right , I can see a big uptick in subscribers if he can "re-create" different MD'ing fails....or falls...
I have no shortage of MD'ing fails.. All I need do is leave the camera running to catch them. :lol:
Well, I certainly did get a good laugh! Thanks for that! All told, you had a great hunt, though. I think the stander makes up for the fall-down.
You certainly did not portray your enthusiasm. I would have been "Oh yeah! A silver quarter! Nice! Uh...is this what I think it is? Holy smokes!! An actual Standing Liberty quarter! Wow!" :shock::wow:
Thanks man! I've actually been told that before about portraying my enthusiasm. I was fortunate enough to get on a site a few years ago that produced hundreds of big silver coins so I guess that experience sort of spoiled me. I still love finding them though!

Awesome finds!
Thanks Matt! Not as awesome as those Seated and LC coins you’ve been finding lately! Lucky dawg! lol

Nice! Always enjoy your vids as I swing a ctx as well. Its great how you state the numbers and I can hear sounds clearly. Fantastic!
Thanks silverchief! I appreciate you watching my vids. :cheers:

That cartouche on the copper tag is the name of king Tut.
Good call and thank you for the ID. When I first found it, I came home and tried to find something about it on Google. I was searching for words like “june bug copper pendant” and found nothing. I just typed in king tut copper cartouche and one just like mine popped right up!

1a4dad4cfeb4ce434e0f7797637e6718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom