US Navy Seals Challange Coin

Estima8tor

Elite Member
I pulled this challenge coin out of the ground at a local park in a very upscale neighborhood that I've never hunted before.
This neighborhood was once the location of a thriving Colonial / pre-Civil War town but all I was able to find was this and about $3 in clad.
It's an 1 1/2" in diameter and rang up in the mid 90's as a silver dollar on the T2. It's not the seated liberty dollar I was hoping for but it's still kind of a cool find.

IMG_20190112_122837735 (2).jpg

IMG_20190112_123537159_HDR (2).jpg

Naval Special Warfare Group Two/2 Logistics & Support Unit SEALs Challenge Coin

IMG_0927_360x.JPG

IMG_0932_360x.JPG

Thats awesome E8, Great find. I'd take that over a silver dollar. I'm sure there are more lost silver dollars than seal challenge coins out there. HH Mark

That’s sick! I’d love to dig one.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

What an awesome find. Pretty rare find I would imagine. Most challenge coins were not carried much and had little chances of being lost.

Extremely rare find. It being presented by the Commanding Officer and the Command Master Chief makes it even rarer.

I agree..Its a hell of a find! The mintage has certainly gotta be very low...Only issued to the best of the best....but I cant help but thinking...Why is it made out of such cheap bastard pot metal? Cheaper than a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' Car Wash token?

Surely a one in a million seal team guys life is worth at least a nickle amalgam?:?: Should be solid 24k, or at least silver!...Heck, I gave my Wife a brass Chinese coin for surviving a Dutch Oven once, and she cant jump out of no dmaned Helicopter!!.

I wonder who the hell is in charge of minting and approving of this abomination? It aint even brass!...fussin aye...A Seal Team guys Life is worth less than a fat pizza eating booboo kid at Chucky Cheese? Or a car wash? What in the Hell is this World coming to?

Last edited:
I agree..Its a hell of a find! The mintage has certainly gotta be very low...Only issued to the best of the best....but I cant help but thinking...Why is it made out of such cheap bastard pot metal? Cheaper than a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' token?

Surely a one in a million seal team guys life is worth at least a nickle amalgam?:?: Should be solid 24k, or at least silver!...Heck, I gave my Wife a brass Chinese coin for surviving a Dutch Oven once, and she cant jump out of no dmaned Helicopter!!.

I wonder who the hell is in charge of minting and approving of this abomination? It aint even brass!...fussin aye...A Seal Team guys Life is worth less than a fat pizza eating booboo kid at Chucky Cheese? What in the Hell is this World coming to?

Ya! What he said!
And Congradulations on a bucket lister that is a very uncommon save.

,Dew

I agree..Its a hell of a find! The mintage has certainly gotta be very low...Only issued to the best of the best....but I cant help but thinking...Why is it made out of such cheap bastard pot metal? Cheaper than a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' token?

I wonder who the hell is in charge of minting and approving of this abomination? It aint even brass!...fussin aye...A Seal Team guys Life is worth less than a fat pizza eating booboo kid at Chucky Cheese? What in the Hell is this World coming to?
Can't agree more John. Though the Metal is lacking, the Merit has meaning. I trust the individual who lost this Token would welcome it back. For I am sure his heart and soul was put into the effort to attain this reward.
A truly fine recovery. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom