HELP!

M

mjarx

Hi all!

I'm new to this whole metal detecting thing and would appreciate any and all help. I am interested in purchasing a detector that is:
1) fairly easy to use (short learning curve)
2) capable of being used on a beach or in the surf (or high humidity) w/o risk of damage
3) preferrably but not necessarily has LCD display
4) relatively light & easy to handle
5) will be useful & enjoyable for many years w/o requiring additional cost

My wife & I don't have a lot of time for research and are relying heavily on your input.

Thanks,
Michael

P.S. We live in Louisiana

I have never used 1 but you might want to look at the Whites Beach hunter ID

Hi and welcome to the forums. If you want one that cannot get damaged at the beach with water then you are limited to water detectors or somehow protecting a land detector. I would opt for the first choice. I can agree with the Whites BeachHunter or a tigershark from Tesoro. Both are excellent detectors for beach and water and can be used on land also. If you need more help please allow me to help you out. If you would like to give me a call that would be great. :yes:

If you plan to use it in the surf..you definately want a waterproof unit, even if you don't submerge it, salt and moisture will still find its way into it. I have a whites surfmaster PI and love it, but you dig everything with it because there is no descrimination of iron...but it won't get damaged from saltwater intrusion and finds deep items. Pinpointing with it is easy once you get the hang of it. The one recommended above by seas 1to2 would probably be ideal.(in my opinion) Tony is very active in this forum and sells detectors...I haven't read any complaints from his customers, which says alot.

Back
Top Bottom