A Lady Yells At Me From Across The Street

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been detecting for a while because my foot has been acting up and I wanted to give it a rest. Well, my new 6 x 8 search coil for my Vista X arrived in the mail and I couldn't wait to give it a try at a well-pounded site and I knew just the one that I wanted to go to. I did manage to find a few more coins, a bunch of pull tabs, and 2 keys. I was beginning to wear down when I heard this woman from across the street yelling at me. It was the lady that gave me permission to detect her yard a couple of weeks ago.

She wanted to know why I haven't detected her yard yet. I told her about my hurt foot and that I just got a new search coil. Anyway, I told her that I would go to the car and switch detectors and that I'd be right back to detect her yard. When I got back she told me that the guy next door told her that he wanted me to detect his front yard because he wanted me to find his lost wedding band. He wasn't at home so I told her to ask him when she saw him again to ask him what kind of wedding band did he lose. I ended up finding 3 silver coins, 3 wheat pennies, and some clad. Also, I enjoyed talking with a fellow Alabamian from a safe 15' distance. Hopefully, I'll find some more silver coins when I go back and look for the lost wedding band in a few days.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 568
Well...gal-darn it. That's 3 less silvers for me. Guess I'm not going to find all of them now. Good hunt, congrats on the keepers and hope you locate the wedding band! HH

Hah! You had me there, thought it would be a Screaming Karen telling you to get lost, instead it produced a good hunt with some nice Silvers, congrats!

I wish people were that nice and outgoing here. Permissions from strangers, and even neighbors, have been nonexistent for me.

Thanks, everyone! I may venture out again tomorrow to see what I can find. We do have some pretty nice folks here in the South. In all the years that I've been detecting, I've only had 3 or 4 butt-heads that were hateful. I just smiled at them. Most people are super nice and sometimes I even get cookies. lol

beephead

LOL @ Beephead.

Got me. that was NOT how I expected this post to go, with that title. :)

Cool!

Skippy

Lol very cool .. from the way the title sounded and the way my luck has been lately I figured a different ending to your hunt! [emoji2957]
Gray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, cool story and Congratulations on the three silvers....."why haven't you detected my yard? " words i think I would never hear, lol

Back
Top Bottom