2018: Successful! (My Second Year Totals)

Nice finds Princess, and more importantly, as you mentioned, time with family and friends! Great postscript on the paper towel! I am thankful for each chance I get to detect, usually make good finds but love the enjoyment of being outside and the hunt!

Thanks for posting your finds and for staying true to what this hobby is all about...having fun! I hope 2019 brings you more fun and finds with friends and family.:D

Thanks for sharing your wrap up with us Princess.
Love the nice touch with all of your coin dates written above. đź‘Ť

Good luck in 2019 . Obviously you already have the right perspective for this hobbie.
Please keep us up to date as you uncover some interesting history along the way.
Great post!
,Dew
Thanks, Dew! I will indeed keep my friends here posted on my finds. For me, this forum is part of what constitutes the excitement of the hobby. :yes: Lord-willing, I hope to uncover some neat stuff this year, but I know that's not what matters most. :grin:

Great post, Princess! Congrats on a very successful 2018, and continued success in 2019. It’s a pleasure to have you and your family here and contributing on the forum, and I look forward to hearing about your future adventures together!

And I have to ask...whats up with the place holder for that final quarter - the 2006 Nevada? There’s gotta be a story there...scavenged to help pay for a hot chocolate after a chilly hunt? Or part of an emergency battery purchase when they went dead in the middle of a hunt? ;)
:D Too funny. Actually, that's the quarter itself wrapped in paper - simply to protect its near-mint condition until I could place it in my state quarter folder. :D When I left it in with the rest of my clad until the year's end, I just didn't want it getting banged up. But I do like your speculations... hot chocolate sounds pretty good right now (my mom makes the best!), and the emergency batteries is a much more intriguing story! :grin:

Thanks for the reply! Happy hunting in 2019.

Nice finds Princess, and more importantly, as you mentioned, time with family and friends! Great postscript on the paper towel! I am thankful for each chance I get to detect, usually make good finds but love the enjoyment of being outside and the hunt!
I definitely agree! Thank you for the kind words, and have a blessed new year!

Thanks for posting your finds and for staying true to what this hobby is all about...having fun! I hope 2019 brings you more fun and finds with friends and family.:D
Many thanks, Waveoff. :) By the way, your recent dime trifecta is pretty sweet! I hope & pray that you, too, will have continued success this season. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats Princess on a great 2018!!! As long as you enjoyed your experiences in this awesome hobby then that in it's self makes a successful year!!!

I enjoy every opportunity I get to swing the coil.

Nice set of finds, there, Princess!

It's fun to get into the hobby when you can share it with others. That you're doing it with your family makes it 10x better!

I'm sure there's all kinds of wonderful in your future!

Skippy

Congrats on your finds, Princess! :hi5: I had so much fun hunting with you last year, and I'm looking forward to many more hunts with you this year! :mder:

Very nice year, congrats! Good luck in 2019.
Thanks, Jamflicker! Happy hunting to you, too. :waytogo:

Congrats Princess on a great 2018!!! As long as you enjoyed your experiences in this awesome hobby then that in it's self makes a successful year!!!

I enjoy every opportunity I get to swing the coil.
Right on, Lil Worm! :thumbsup: I appreciate your nice words.

keep it up and 2019 be be even better. HH
Thank you! I hope you have a great detecting season, as well! :grin:

Nice set of finds, there, Princess!

It's fun to get into the hobby when you can share it with others. That you're doing it with your family makes it 10x better!

I'm sure there's all kinds of wonderful in your future!

Skippy
That's kind of you to say, Skippy! I'm happy with whatever God has for me, and His plans are indeed wonderful. :grin: And you're right - hunting with my family is really very special... even if I don't uncover the kind of great finds that a certain Skippy SH13 does! ;)

Congrats on your finds, Princess! :hi5: I had so much fun hunting with you last year, and I'm looking forward to many more hunts with you this year! :mder:
I can't say how much I enjoyed spending the time with you, Dad, and Kev! I can't wait to see what we may find together this year, Lord-willing. :woot:

Congrats on another successful season and on your finds. It's always fun to get out detecting with you and Wolf-Dog. :grin:

Princess, congratulations on finding what is truly valuable, and that is spending time with family :D, and seeing the vastness of God's handiwork. Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God...." And also, congratulations on all your other finds! Love, Dad (Lost&Recovered) :D

Good job. I hope you have even more success this year.
It's always nice to be able to enjoy God's creation and find cool stuff at the same time.

Congrats on another successful season and on your finds. It's always fun to get out detecting with you and Wolf-Dog. :grin:
:yes: Thanks, big brother! I hope the four of us can get out lots more this year!

Princess, congratulations on finding what is truly valuable, and that is spending time with family :D, and seeing the vastness of God's handiwork. Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God...." And also, congratulations on all your other finds! Love, Dad (Lost&Recovered) :D
Thanks for everything, Dad! I love you, too! :grin:

Good job. I hope you have even more success this year.
It's always nice to be able to enjoy God's creation and find cool stuff at the same time.
So true! Thank you, Levi - I hope that you have a great year, too. :waytogo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom