Teenagers Throwing Change at Me Again

Rusty Nails

Elite Member
Hunted my town's village commons park area yesterday evening. They were hosting a "movie in the park" night which attracted families and a bazillion teenagers.

On two separate occasions I had groups of teenagers throw change at me.
When I thanked them instead of getting upset they really didn't know how to react.

When incidents like this happened in the past, I used to get mad, but now I have grown to appreciate all of the good finds that kids who don't care about the value of money leave for me.

I hope that their parents keep giving them money, Ipods, Iphones, and expensive jewelry for me to find!!!

see my post TEENAGERS = DISRESPECT Alot of comments, te last couple water hunts at clearwater beach i had people throwing change twards me from the peir. Its at nite and i only wear 1 ear muff so i can hear whats going on arround me, i kept hearing bloop-bloop-bloop and a looked up wit my headlamp pointing at them and they were laughing, I just headed further away and will probably get them in the wet sand another day. for some reason they think we are looking for change for our next meal or something....GL+HH.....cliff.

I saw a young couple at the park a few weeks ago. Looks like they just got out of church. After about 15 minutes, the girl came up to me and asked he if I was homeless. I told her that it's just a hobby. She preceded to give me a hug, even though I was sweating pretty good. Only if they knew how much my detector had cost, they wouldn't be making such assumptions.

You got off lucky..

Hunted my town's village commons park area yesterday evening. They were hosting a "movie in the park" night which attracted families and a bazillion teenagers.

On two separate occasions I had groups of teenagers throw change at me.
When I thanked them instead of getting upset they really didn't know how to react.

When incidents like this happened in the past, I used to get mad, but now I have grown to appreciate all of the good finds that kids who don't care about the value of money leave for me.

I hope that their parents keep giving them money, Ipods, Iphones, and expensive jewelry for me to find!!!

I think you got off easy Ken. Why do you want to detect with all those people around with their families? Wouldn't it be a lot more effective to go there early the next morning? You should have waited until sunrise the next day when nobody was around - in my opinion. Detecting in a crowd is just asking for trouble, again, in my opinion..

Give me a call and let's go knock some dog doo doo out of them. Sounds like they need a lesson in respecting their elders!!!!

Hope you got some quarters, at least!:D:yes:

i saw a young couple at the park a few weeks ago. Looks like they just got out of church. After about 15 minutes, the girl came up to me and asked he if i was homeless. I told her that it's just a hobby. She preceded to give me a hug, even though i was sweating pretty good. Only if they knew how much my detector had cost, they wouldn't be making such assumptions.

rofl

Free hugs?...who doesnt want free hugs?...wow...i dont get free hugs!...what the hell setting do i have to use for those?.

I get people looking at me but imdigging every 4 or 5 feet and they never see what im digging....i have a great poker face so dont show a thing....but if any cute girls (only cute need apply) want to give me free hugs it sure beats ring pulls and zincolns..hell ill pay them with zincolns....:laughing:

Free hugs?...who doesnt want free hugs?...wow...i dont get free hugs!...what the hell setting do i have to use for those?.

I get people looking at me but imdigging every 4 or 5 feet and they never see what im digging....i have a great poker face so dont show a thing....but if any cute girls (only cute need apply) want to give me free hugs it sure beats ring pulls and zincolns..hell ill pay them with zincolns....:laughing:
Here you go DC.........................

Attachments

• 653362.jpg
    653362.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 582
oh man...this thread went awry. i had to look at the OP a second time. i might never get that pic out of my mind before evening meal.

i haven't encountered any hostiles, yet. but then, i go mding only when there's a low to nil crowd presence. maybe personal appearance remains important even when mding? some of the md buggers i've seen at the beach looked somewhat disheveled.

I saw a young couple at the park a few weeks ago. Looks like they just got out of church. After about 15 minutes, the girl came up to me and asked he if I was homeless. I told her that it's just a hobby. She preceded to give me a hug, even though I was sweating pretty good. Only if they knew how much my detector had cost, they wouldn't be making such assumptions.
I had a similar thing happen here except for it was a preacher who was going to give me some cash. I told him no this is how I kill time, and that all I was finding was newer coins and that I was hoping for the older coins. He then understood. I thanked him because it showed he actually was going to practice what he preaches, not a common thing anymore.
Yeah free hugs are nice but when people hassle me I give them this.
i-DVWHBbn-X3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom