Fingers crossed

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Tomorrow is turning into an adventure. My son and his family got stuck in mud while camping at a lake. It’s dad to the rescue or so I hope. The good news is I researched the location previously and found a hotel built in 1859 and a store built nearby. These were on my to investigate list. The hotel and store were sitting on a prominent emigrant route/wagon road. Hopefully I get my son out by 10 and I’m detecting by 11/12.

I had help from a 4x club for the pull out. We hooked in tandem and got it out. The store location still has some walls standing but it sits on private property. I spoke with the owner and wasn’t able to obtain permission to detect. The hotel site was demolished in the 1930’s when the railroad went through. Interestingly the store site was active until the 1930’s and the store owner reportedly made a small fortune when they built the railroad tunnel. The current owner of the property said the store owner’s small fortune was never found. I offered him the use of my other detector so we could search for it but he still declined.
97DDDEDF-7916-4EAA-9376-0185A814AAFF.jpeg

E01771E7-EFFB-496F-8D8A-6D02F327D169.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom