5$ prize for best digger struck coin.

Jhkramer

Elite Member
I have never hosted a contest before but figured it would be a good way to give back for all the information and encouragement the forum has given me and I don't remember seeing a contest of this nature.

I want to see some otherwise great coin finds that unfortunately were struck by a digger or other post dig damage. I have had my share of mishaps when digging a coin. Luckily none of them occurred on a coin better than a common date indian but I still understand the frustration. Consider this your lucky day.

All entries must have a clear picture.
All posted entries must of been dug by the person entering them.
All damage must of been caused by the person digging it, (no mower hits or other pre dug damage will count)
Better the coin the higher I judge it.
More damaged the higher I judge it.
edit-Also, if its not clearly in the picture be sure to include a date and mint mark for the coin.

Examples

A 43' washington quarter with a slight digger scratch on the rim will be judged much lower than a 77' indian head that looks like a victim of a hatchet murder.

Judging will be done by me, but member input is welcome and I will consider it.

Payment is paypal gift so you must have paypal to win the prize.

Ends 9/30

Have fun and good luck!

1905 S Barber Dime

Oldest silver i have found and managed to strike this one with the leashe:no:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 730
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 719
The best ones come from beach scoops with stainless lips.You just hope it isn't gold you are shaving off with a direct hit.Had a cool looking zincoln i tossed in the trash.Old abe was MESSED UP:laughing:

I dug this Barber Half in a place that I never thought a old piece of silver would be, right in front of our public library! It was only 2 or 3" down and I wasn't very careful.

Attachments

• barber face.jpg
    barber face.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 685
  • barber half.jpg
    barber half.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 686
My Barber half. Very disappointed I slashed the Eagle. But what can you do?....Curt:grin:

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 692
Sure that mine isn't a winner, but I did learn after nicking this high XF Barber (my first), to cut wide plugs!

Attachments

• 1348071353514.jpg
    1348071353514.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 598
Heres my best one or should I say worst.. :lol: It was my first dug barber dime & taught me to dig around the target, not straight down where you pin-point it.. :roll:

dime._zps07b4caad.jpg

I took out the rim on my first and only barber dime so far, but I can't compete with the swordsmanship already posted! :laughing:

I'll get a pic up later when I get home.

Neat contest, I don't have any goofed up coins but hate to say it but I am enjoying seeing & reading the story of everyone's mishaps. Why y'all picking on Bones is he know to ding a coin :p:laughing:.

Back
Top Bottom