Win a new detector - Wet T-shirt contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
Now that we have your undivided attention, obviously a wet t-shirt contest is not, let me repeat myself, NOT going to happen here. I'd like to announce the 4th annual K & M Discovery Team t-shirt contest. Here is your chance to win a brand new metal detector! Please make sure to read the entire post before sending an entry. Have Fun and Good Luck!

The K & M Discovery Team will be holding the 4th annual FMDF Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt in Rich Hill, Mo at Propect Park on May 19th and just like the last couple of years, we want you to have the opportunity to design our event shirts. For this years contest we will be accepting designs from all members of the forum. Each member may submit one or up to a total of three designs. When the submission period for this contest is over, the selected judge/judges will choose the five best designs and then we'll let the members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forum choose which design will be on our T-Shirts for 2012.

The person with the winning design of this years competition will receive:
One Grey Area Graphics T-Shirt with the winning design on it! Donated by floridabill
A brand new Tesoro Compadre delivered to your door! Donated by Kansas Dave

If you are a sponsor, manufacture or would simply like to donate a prize for this contest. Please contact me HERE. Prizes will be accepted throughout the contest submission period and listed above.

Here are some more specifics on how to create your design:
Size: All designs for the back of the shirt should be created to fit a maximum of 10" x 10" in high definition 300 dpi (a maximum of 3000 pixels wide x 3000 pixels high).
File Type: We will accept designs in the form of eps, jpg, png, tiff, bmp, or psd. Looking for high resolution entries!
Colors: Feel free to to use as many colors as you need for your design.
Effects: Try to get as fancy as you like with shading, gradients and the like.
Keep your source files! If you use Photoshop or Paintshop to create your design, please keep a copy of your file as we may need you to make adjustments to better fit the company’s requirements.
Do Not! Use Zazzle or Cafepress to create you entries. If you do they become property of said companies and we can't use them. This means that your entry will be disqualified.

Some ideas that you may want to work with are, using the Diggin' It With Friends slogan and coupling it with some kind of relevant artwork. Perhaps you could create a character that could be used as the Treasure Hunt mascot. Be creative and keep in mind that there isn't a limit to the type of design that you can come up with.The only exception is that it must be a "family friendly" design (meaning no swears or other explicit adult material). For obvious reasons, please stay away from copying images, trademark's and logo's (like mine lab, whites logo's, warner bro's etc).

Only registered FMDF members and have at least a minimum of 100 posts are eligible to enter this contest.

Submissions and t-shirt designs will only be accepted at [email protected] Please be sure to include your username, real name and an e-mail address that you can be reached at with your submission. Each submission must be titled 4th annual T-Shirt Contest. If not your entry will be disqualified. All entries become property of the K & M Discovery Team and cannot be used in any other format or promotions.

The deadline to enter will be by the end of the day (PST) on Wednesday, February 29th 2012.

Last edited:
Only registered FMDF members and have at least a minimum of 100 posts are eligible to enter this contest.

I have a feeling this will cause alot of "I agree" posts or just bunch of :p:laughing:;):shock::D posts leading to no good info being contributed to the forums so someone could reach the 100 post limit.

I know I will not hit 100 posts unless I get a chance to get out and find something really nice. So I guess I'll just save my idea's for next year. That is if we don't burn up when the world ends later this year. :D

I won the wet shirt contest last year.
fat-man-belly-flop.jpg

Darn it!! I clicked this thread so fast as soon as I saw the title. :laughing:

If anyone needs a hard to find images you can PM me I have thousands of Royalty free (notice I said royalty free) images...

I didn't see it in Dave's post but be careful of the image you use. I have permission to use Garrett and Minelab stuff but do not have permission from Whites. They wouldn't give it so that applies to other graphics just because its posted on goggle or a web site doesn't mean you can just copy it and use it. There is such a think as copyright infringement so be careful and wish everyone Good Luck ...

If anyone needs a hard to find images you can PM me I have thousands of Royalty free (notice I said royalty free) images...

I didn't see it in Dave's post but be careful of the image you use. I have permission to use Garrett and Minelab stuff but do not have permission from Whites. They wouldn't give it so that applies to other graphics just because its posted on goggle or a web site doesn't mean you can just copy it and use it. There is such a think as copyright infringement so be careful and wish everyone Good Luck ...

Thats some good info to know & thanks for the great offer, Do you have any pictures of a world globe... :shifty: :whistle:

I'm in as well. I think I've came up with a really awesome design! With copyright infringements in mind, I took a graphic of a Cibola which wasn't on the verified list, but made it my own graphic by editing all the decals and writing out and even the knobs. So it just looks like a plain detector with a vdi screen that says FMDF. The detector alone is, of course, just a small part of the whole image but I'm not gonna give away my whole graphic. :lol:

Only thing is, and i hope it wont disqualify me is, I did most of the work in PSP and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to keep my layerd file. It kept wanting to merge everything into one solid picture so that's how I did it. I can't show my layers but I have all the edited images and text as seperate images i guess...LOL

Only thing is, and i hope it wont disqualify me is, I did most of the work in PSP and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to keep my layerd file. It kept wanting to merge everything into one solid picture so that's how I did it. I can't show my layers but I have all the edited images and text as seperate images i guess...LOL

When itt's time to save, don't merge layers and don't save as a .jpg

Save it with filename.psd :cool:

When itt's time to save, don't merge layers and don't save as a .jpg

Save it with filename.psd :cool:

Hey guys, let me apologize for the confusion. No one needs to save their source file in layers for the application process we are using when we have the shirts made up. Layer files would only be used if we were to screen print the design. Again, sorry about the confusion with this. Please save your designs files in case we do need to have you make some slight changes. Be very careful of copyrighted images and logos. When doubt leave it out!

I have made the needed changes to the rules above. Good luck you guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom