• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

September CRH (Old Silver & Proof)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
A few weeks back I asked my credit union if they could order halves and they said they'd have to charge a 10 cent fee per roll, and the least they could order was $1,000. Therefore costing a $10 fee! :( So I ordered a box of dimes instead, which they said there wouldn't be a fee on. :D Picked it up last weekend... it was a great box, here are my results:

Dimes:
  • 1947-D (My second and oldest silver dime found CRHing! :woot:)
  • 1 2009-S PROOF :clap:
  • 1 2009-P low mintage dime :D
  • 3 2009-D low mintage dimes :D
Also, I went to a new bank with $30 in cash to see if they had halves. They did, so I bought $30 worth of halves, nothing but clad. Someone in the near future, I will probably see if they can order me a box of halves without a fee. :D

September- 2018 - Silver & Proof - Obverse (Resized).jpg
September- 2018 - Silver & Proof - Reverse (Resized).jpg
September- 2018 - 2009's (Resized).jpg

And lastly, I found this. What do you think it is? Is it a die clip error, or is it the results of someone that was bored with a dremel? :?:

September - 2018 - Possible Die Clip Error (Resized).jpg

Happy hunting & God bless! :D

Last edited:
Nice job!! My bank won’t order me halves, I filled my nickel book so no more nickels, have been thinking about dime rolls....

Congrats on the dime finds, love ‘em, and miss ‘em! When I quit back in 2014, I’d hit the dimes for six years straight, over $125,000 worth and found over 1,000 silver dimes.

Nice job!! My bank won’t order me halves, I filled my nickel book so no more nickels, have been thinking about dime rolls....
Thanks. :D I find about one silver dime every 2 boxes searched.
Congrats on the silver and other keepers in your dime CRH!
Thanks, Waveoff. :D
Nice catches!
Thanks, zeemang. :D
Congrats on the dime finds, love ‘em, and miss ‘em! When I quit back in 2014, I’d hit the dimes for six years straight, over $125,000 worth and found over 1,000 silver dimes.
Thanks, amcrulz. :D
Great job. That's a neat proof you've got there too.
Thanks, Usa. :D I really like it too. :yes:

Personally, KT would take that dime to a coin shop and see what they have to say about it....does not exactly look like a typical grinder hit that thing...especially since one can see trust in the "ground off" portion and the mashed rim opposite that area.

And yep, find a bank/credit union that will order halves at no cost for you. Remember tho, you need to have an account with them to get it done!

Best of luck!

Personally, KT would take that dime to a coin shop and see what they have to say about it....does not exactly look like a typical grinder hit that thing...especially since one can see trust in the "ground off" portion and the mashed rim opposite that area.

And yep, find a bank/credit union that will order halves at no cost for you. Remember tho, you need to have an account with them to get it done!

Best of luck!
Thanks for your reply and advice, most noble KingTotsalot! :D We do have an account with this other bank, it's just further away so we don't usually go there. :drive:

Congrats. Don't give up on half dollars. Small denominations could yield big treasure.

Some of my biggest scores came from a handful of rolls. Don't need boxes.

My metaphor is silver is seeded. Often once you find it, its surrounded by many others.

Congrats. Don't give up on half dollars. Small denominations could yield big treasure.

Some of my biggest scores came from a handful of rolls. Don't need boxes.

My metaphor is silver is seeded. Often once you find it, its surrounded by many others.

Thanks for the reply and for the encouraging words. :good:

Back
Top Bottom