new spot looks promising

gunwolf

Elite Member
had a few appt. today, so on the way home I stopped off at a piece of property that a friend of mine owns. it used to be grape vinyards and apple orchards. it is really overgrown so the MDing was extra slow and I only stayed for about 20 minutes. No coins, but a few cool old things...old copper door knob, and "farmers brace" suspender clip.
untitled-1.png

005-44.jpg

006-36.jpg

That is some hard swinging. I am thinking about getting one of the old rotary blade push mowers for areas like that. I have a few spots that just need to have some of the weeds and grass knocked down and I think they would produce. What is the smaller silver object in the middle?

That would be some time consuming ground but with all you found in such a short time would be worth it. Would be nice if he had a bush hog to cut it down for you.

That would be some time consuming ground but with all you found in such a short time would be worth it. Would be nice if he had a bush hog to cut it down for you.

that would be great...but it has been let go so long the wire is down and all over...not good for the brush hog!. next time I am going back to where the apple orchards were 50 years ago...most of the trees are gone but I can still see the paths.

Always nice to have someplace to swing. The amount of items you found in such a short time is encouraging. You know that there has to be some silver there, you would think.

Happy Hunting

Get those relics on Flea Bay! There's a buyer for anything and they usually know more about the items than we do.

Always nice to have someplace to swing. The amount of items you found in such a short time is encouraging. You know that there has to be some silver there, you would think.

Happy Hunting

this is a "virgin" spot for me:D I was lucky last year moving out to the "country" so to speak..small town lot of history and old farms. I worked construction for 30 years and have ALOT of contacts...my next venture is with my friends that do concrete, they are going to call when they tear a sidewalk out. they usually tear it out and form it..then pour it a few days later!

I love finding new spots too. It's like having a brand new hobby all over again! At least that's the way I feel about it. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom