Big waves for NY area Wed- Fri

Hotrod Tom

Elite Member
It looks like we will be getting some 10' waves on Wed night into Thursday.20mph winds on Thursday out of the SSE.There should be a good chance for some erosion on the south shore of LI. NJ might get some erosion on Wed night.Thursday may help you guys in Conn. but make it hard to hear those whisper signals.Make sure your batteries are charged.I always wanted to be a weather man,this is my first weather forecast.If I am totally wrong then I know I should have been a weather man.Good luck hunting!

Thanks for the weather update. If your correct you might want to consider changing your screen name to Doppler Tom :lol: and start collecting the royalties.

I never thought I would ever be happy to be getting a nor'easter as I am now. I hope we have better luck than with the hurricane. We all might be tripping over each other on the beach.

It looks like we will be getting some 10' waves on Wed night into Thursday.20mph winds on Thursday out of the SSE.There should be a good chance for some erosion on the south shore of LI. NJ might get some erosion on Wed night.Thursday may help you guys in Conn. but make it hard to hear those whisper signals.Make sure your batteries are charged.I always wanted to be a weather man,this is my first weather forecast.If I am totally wrong then I know I should have been a weather man.Good luck hunting!

Man this site only gets better! thanx Tom for the info

Well we did get a lot of big waves and a lot of wind.The beach I usually hunt did get more erosion but I have to wait till Saturday and Sunday morning to get there at low tide.The beach had a cut before but now the beach has a steep slope in some parts and cuts on others.I hunted it after work last night but the tide was high and the wind from the south made for rough conditions.I am still finding sinkers and some clad but mostly down in the waves.How did the storm work out for NJ and Conn, are your beaches better or worse? :?:

Not much... we are protected by that land mass (LI) we had waves and it pulled some sand off the slopes... I'll let you know later when I get in the water ;)

Back
Top Bottom