Back fill for fun and profit

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
When you are doing those ball fields, playgrounds, and areas that have been built up, leveled, and tailored to fit a certain need, here is something to ponder. Not all the fill around the outside came from that area, some was shuffled around from another part of town. It is not always prime unaduterated virgin top soil. It is always worth a look, never know what may turn up.

I spotted this at the Boy's and Girl's club playground. I started to scan it and found a lot of trash, Old trash, if you get my drift. Pieces of broken coke bottles like we had when we were kids, you know them 6 1/2 ounce 1/4 inch thick bottles from the fifties. An old dinner fork, bits of metal, square nails....etc. couple silver dimes, a dozen wheat pennies. Now I just scratched the surface here. As soon as I know a little more about this DFX I will give it a good going over. Bottom line the outside nasty looking areas may be a good bet to pick up some older coins and artifacts.

Attachments

• SUNP0040.JPG
    SUNP0040.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 251
Hi grinsebring ! :grin: Thanks for the great tip ! I had 5 tons of top soil (really top soil and yellow clay mixed) delivered to my place late last fall, just for filling holes and low areas. Who know's where the hauler picked it up. Most of it is still back in my woods where he dumped it...........think I'll check it out with the yella-fella !

May be wishful thinking, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Will report if I find anything.

ToddB64
Ace250

Back
Top Bottom