My Super Secret Virgin Site is Ruined

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
:lol:

I laid of this site for a couple weeks, and today thought I'd go back and see what else I could scare up.

I hunted for over an hour and a half and this was my big take ... Nothing much but newer coins and the oldest, a '72 penny. Bleh.

picture.php

Now that I've hunted it hard its going to be just like my other old hunted out sites, beware other hunters, this could happen to you too! :tissue: :lol::lol:

Don't give up. Slow down, use a bigger coil, go after a rain. There's bound to be something left for you. Like they say, "No place is truly hunted out". Have faith and good luck.

Follow "Junkminer's" advice. There is stuff still there. It may not pay off like it did in the padt. But there are some finds left.

Don't give up. Slow down, use a bigger coil, go after a rain. There's bound to be something left for you. Like they say, "No place is truly hunted out". Have faith and good luck.

Yes to all of the above, but dang! :lol:

Follow "Junkminer's" advice. There is stuff still there. It may not pay off like it did in the padt. But there are some finds left.

But now I have to actually work for it :laughing:

You might try a different machine too

I did have the F44 in the truck today and thought about that. Next time... :yes:

pfffff.....times I'd have loved to have a killer day like that :p

Sad part is, I'm serious :laughing: :(

:lol::lol: That's sad, sad, sad! :lol:

No site is virgin and super secret sites are like your favorite fishing hole. They don't stay secret long. Work the hard and often until something else com s along. I don't blame other detectorists for hitting your site. They have every right if it's public

I don't think it was a virgin site..

How many silvers?

<°)))>{

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Two to be exact. Not exactly a cornucopia of silver that it should have been... :lol:

Private yards. The final frontier.

Oh, I know. I just hate doing that door knocking thing and poking holes in private lawns. But I may resort to it before it's over with...

No site is virgin and super secret sites are like your favorite fishing hole. They don't stay secret long. Work the hard and often until something else com s along. I don't blame other detectorists for hitting your site. They have every right if it's public

No, you misunderstand... I've hunted it, and only me, at least in recent history. I haven't seen any evidence that anyone else has been there at all. I've just really done a good job getting all the "easy" targets out of it and now I'm having to really hunt to get anything. :yes:

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Two to be exact. Not exactly a cornucopia of silver that it should have been... :lol:.

Now, it might have been a virgin to the CTX...

On a positive note..

Every park should have a couple/few silvers before a CTX hits it, or Etrac...

<°)))>{

Now, it might have been a virgin to the CTX...

On a positive note..

Every park should have a couple/few silvers before a CTX hits it, or Etrac...

<°)))>{

:lol: Maybe so. Actually, if it was ever hunted they missed a few goodies, and that would have had to have been a long time ago as much clad as I've pulled out of there. So maybe it did get hunted once upon a time, but probably not in the past 20 years or better.

Two pieces of property in a local town. One was formerly a ball field that today is a city park that is over half covered with tennis courts. The other is a former National Guard Armory.

First complete coverage of the park yielded a lot of clad, one 42 Washington and a few wheat pennies.

The N. G.armory yielded clad and some wheat pennies.

Later I decided to go back. Park has given up 4 more silvers and the N. G Armory yielded 9 silver coins.

Was told by two different people that I was wasting my time as both pieces of property had been hunted out. One guy told me that he had dug every coin out of those two properties

Is there a possibility that I did not get everything?? I firmly believe that there is still a silver or two hiding somewhere on those properties.

Same detector used on every visit to those properties.

Two pieces of property in a local town. One was formerly a ball field that today is a city park that is over half covered with tennis courts. The other is a former National Guard Armory.

First complete coverage of the park yielded a lot of clad, one 42 Washington and a few wheat pennies.

The N. G.armory yielded clad and some wheat pennies.

Later I decided to go back. Park has given up 4 more silvers and the N. G Armory yielded 9 silver coins.

Was told by two different people that I was wasting my time as both pieces of property had been hunted out. One guy told me that he had dug every coin out of those two properties

Is there a possibility that I did not get everything?? I firmly believe that there is still a silver or two hiding somewhere on those properties.

Same detector used on every visit to those properties.

Can't argue with that kind of success! Hopefully over time I'll get this one re-hunted more carefully for the old stuff. I assume I missed a lot and I'm pretty sure I've done a hit and miss type of pattern on the place. When it's easy pickings for quarters and such it's hard to concentrate on the deeper weaker signals :yes:

Oh, I know. I just hate doing that door knocking thing and poking holes in private lawns. But I may resort to it before it's over with...

Yea, me too.

This is what you get for being so good at it.took me a year to hunt out my "virgin" site. (I still keep finding silver there)

Have you considered curb strips? Like you, I HATE door knocking and digging plugs in privately-owned grass. I've found it much easier to approach people about the curb strip out front of their house and I tell them that I'm asking out of respect and as a courtesy. That often opens the door to other places in their yard. Just a thought...

Yea, me too.

This is what you get for being so good at it.took me a year to hunt out my "virgin" site. (I still keep finding silver there)

Haha, yes... It only took me what, 4 years to find mine :lol: I hope to keep finding goodies

Have you considered curb strips? Like you, I HATE door knocking and digging plugs in privately-owned grass. I've found it much easier to approach people about the curb strip out front of their house and I tell them that I'm asking out of respect and as a courtesy. That often opens the door to other places in their yard. Just a thought...

I actually have, and do hunt some, usually those in front of abandoned / vacant places. I have not found anything good yet in them, but haven't given that up!

Some finds are always better than no finds. Try it with another machine.

That is the truth! Yep, I'm thinking it's a good site to take out the arsenal and just play with different machines to see what each might find. Not that I think any of them will get anything the 3030 won't get, but still, it's fun to switch them out.

Back
Top Bottom