4 Silver Quarters Including A Stander Plus

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out this morning for a really good hunt. Time lately has been really precious. Long hours on the job and garden harvest have taken priority over detecting. Have not even had a lot of time to read posts.
Anyway got to hit a curb strip that was fenced off. It parallels a older park that I have had some good success at in the past. The results were much better than I had even hoped for. I decided I was not going to chase every good signal but restrained to only digging items that were at least 7 inches down and the higher numbers. This for most part played out very well. Dug 4 Silver Quarters included a Stander (worn but readable date) and 3 Merc's. Added a dozen Wheat's and added $4.07 to the clad coffers.
Adding Pic's of a hunt I had with IDX Monster a few weeks back where I dug 3 Silver dimes and a Silver Music Award Pin that is dated. Thanks all for looking. Jack

Attachments

• 9-2-17 .jpg
    9-2-17 .jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 9-2-17 1 .jpg
    9-2-17 1 .jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 9-2-17 2 .jpg
    9-2-17 2 .jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 9-2-17 3 .jpg
    9-2-17 3 .jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 8-13-17 .jpg
    8-13-17 .jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 8-13-17 2.jpg
    8-13-17 2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 8-13-17 3.jpg
    8-13-17 3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 400
  • 8-13-17 1.jpg
    8-13-17 1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 397
Great finds, I especially like the music award, they took music pretty serious back then. I found a first place piano contest ring from 1928.. Saw another award found from the same era by another member too..

<°)))>{

Only you Trap,only you...what an incredible continuation of well laid plans! That is ALOT of digging! Gonna start calling you "Gopher"!:lol:
Great to see you having more well deserved success! That pin is REALLY cool and the rest of the coins are very nice in their own right. Fantastic date on that Stander! I'm still looking for one...:grin:

Nice! I think I'd be going back for those others though :lol:
Thank you Gauntlet, I know there were more than a few signals I almost chased but if in the future this area becomes open again I'd be willing to dig a bit more. Being limited in time I felt This was the best bang for the effort.
Great finds, I especially like the music award, they took music pretty serious back then. I found a first place piano contest ring from 1928.. Saw another award found from the same era by another member too..<°)))>{
Thanks Ice, I also like the Music Award. We did some reserch this one and it was first started in Indiana in 1919 and then spread about the country. Only the earlier years had both Gold and Silver award pins.
Excellent!
Thanks Metal, I appreciate you reply.
Wow! The perfect hunt..Congrats!
Not quite perfect General, as I did get fooled by a 4 in. Copper tube and a steel cam about the size of a Quarter. Jack

It's hard to argue with silver. Nice and shiny :)
I do like the Shine Tom, they may never be Reale's but they do shine. Well somewhat.
Only you Trap,only you...what an incredible continuation of well laid plans! That is ALOT of digging! Gonna start calling you "Gopher"!:lol:
Great to see you having more well deserved success! That pin is REALLY cool and the rest of the coins are very nice in their own right. Fantastic date on that Stander! I'm still looking for one...:grin:
There's a Stander out there just waiting on you Kevin. Just got to get the coil over it. The Music Pin really cleaned up nice and it wasn't photo shy either. I got lucky today being able to hunt an area that had been not available to me before.
Very nice finds!!! Wow 7" plus is a lot deeper than the coins found in my area
Vic the tundra dirt in this area is a rich black loam for most part. So its common to dig coins at 7 inches. A lot of the coins today were between 9 and 10 including some of the clad. The 17 in. coil worked very well for me today.
Amazing hunt Trap!
I love that music pin:yes:
Thank you Matt. I'd be having a great year if I could get out more. Got to admit I've been very lucky when I have gotten out. Jack

Really nice finds! I've got to try curb strips......tried once & had some lady yell at me like she owned it!

That's some great hunting! I dug one of those music award pins here in Lexington KY a couple of months ago, identical design except mine is the 1927 version. One of my favorite finds!

Wow buddy, a 4 silver quarter hunt is awesome. Congrats on all the finds and glad you get out and found some silver. Hope the gardens doing well!

Congrats on the amaizing hunt Trap !
Nothing like a good day to put some spring in your step. Way to go buddy .👍
Another ounce of the real stuff .
Love it !
,Dew

Wow! That's an outstanding haul. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom