• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

what detector to keep?

juit

Elite Member
been having a lot of fun with my cz6, I need to let 1 of my detectors go to make space for a new one

I have a:

teknetics gamma 6000 with 11 inch coil

compadre 7 inch coil

Last edited:
I'd vote to keep the compadre but I've never used the other machines you listed.
The compadre will definitely fill a niche that few machines can replace.

Im taking rhe compadre to the beach tomorrow, lets see how he works there :)

It is a difficult decision but I would part with the Compadre. You can pick up a 4" coil for $50 for the Gamma and it has ground balancing capability. The Compadre will sell at a good price compared to the Gamma who's price fell to a all time low. The Compadre is a great machine though but it makes more sense to let it go out of the trio.

been having a lot of fun with my cz6, I need to let 1 of my detectors go to make space for a new one

I have a:

teknetics gamma 6000 with 11 inch coil

compadre 7 inch coil
What will the new one be? That would be part of my decision on the other two.:?:

It is a difficult decision but I would part with the Compadre. You can pick up a 4" coil for $50 for the Gamma and it has ground balancing capability. The Compadre will sell at a good price compared to the Gamma who's price fell to a all time low. The Compadre is a great machine though but it makes more sense to let it go out of the trio.

X2. Well thought out reasoning.

I went to the beach, the teknetics worked a lot better, the cz6 was a dreamat the beach, compadre i made it work to but had to descriminate over foil,

Ill be taking the compadre to play tots and the teknetics

Then bothe to the trails

Keep them all!

From previous experience and regrets, I would say keep them all.
I always have had regrets when selling past detectors.

Teknetics sold :)

Im loking for a vaquero , cibola to replace it

Also a cutlas 2 to replace the compadre? Maybe?

Teknetics sold :)

Im loking for a vaquero , cibola to replace it

Also a cutlas 2 to replace the compadre? Maybe?

Try to make sure your Tesoro's coil wire pins match. I'm not 100% but I believe they can be either 4 or 5 pin. Don't know which is the newer one, but having them match would allow interchangeable coils for both detectors.

Try to make sure your Tesoro's coil wire pins match. I'm not 100% but I believe they can be either 4 or 5 pin. Don't know which is the newer one, but having them match would allow interchangeable coils for both detectors.

Wise advice given here. Vaquero and Cibola are delta coils(4 pin coil)

The cutlass II is a epsilon coil (5 pin coil)

im gonna sell my compadre keep the cz and look for a minelab :)

Back
Top Bottom