Large Cents

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I dug these a couple of years ago and are two of the better Large Cents I've ever dug.

Attachments

• IMGP0059 (1).jpg
    IMGP0059 (1).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 395
  • IMGP0248.jpg
    IMGP0248.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 366
Yes, they sure are nice! Classic heads are definatly much scarcer finds than later date draped bust around where I live. It's nice to see largies that aren't toasted by fertilizer.

Yes, they sure are nice! Classic heads are definatly much scarcer finds than later date draped bust around where I live. It's nice to see largies that aren't toasted by fertilizer.

Yeah. Fertilizer and also the acid in the soil just melts these coppers. I'd love to see one from a sand pit or one that just landed underneath a porch.

I got a 1917 wheat back once that was in sandy soil and it still had a shine to it. It was worn, but no green to be seen. :yes:

Yeah. Fertilizer and also the acid in the soil just melts these coppers. I'd love to see one from a sand pit or one that just landed underneath a porch.

I got a 1917 wheat back once that was in sandy soil and it still had a shine to it. It was worn, but no green to be seen. :yes:

Yes, it is amazing to find nice ones. Ive dug a few from Sandy areas that look very nice. I love any large cents and the classics - although a later series than the draped are just plain hard to come by. Here's one I got last year from a 1740's house in Deep River, CT. Is was located where the rain had created a trench (no roof gutters - period correct home) much of the soil washed away and it was lying face down on stone. I did nothing to clean it beyond dropping into my water filled pill bottle. hard to believe it was dug!

Back
Top Bottom