A few keepers from this past week

Ytcoinshooter

All the better keepers from the last week. I've been working with my my new Fisher F75 LTD SE and I really am clicking with it. I squeezed out some deep wheat cents and a silver Roosie at a spot I've met other people hammering for silver the last couple of years but now I am pretty sure to be the only one hitting it at all. Like this whole section of an urban park was just overlooked until a couple years ago.
The Barber dimes Tuesday were difficult, deep targets (6" range) and one dime was clearly on edge that the F75 sniffed out from the lumpy - dumpy uneven turf. One dime was clearly in a fire. The Barbers came about because my detecting partner Matt and myself knocked on a couple doors but no one was home. We will come back to those properties another time. We did spot a field that we knew we could detect and after having lost time driving around the decision was made to "just do it"!!! Matt's first target was an Indian cent, a great sign ...game on! My first good signal was a 1912 doggie tag. Not my oldest but any pre 1920 DT's I prize. It's been a while since I've found three Barber silver coins in a day. The weather has been really cooperative and I'm grateful to have so much fun. It's an excellent single frequency detector with useful, really functional features and great ergonomics.
My V3i snagged the coppers, balls and buttons on Monday. I also snagged another large copper Thursday (not pictured). All of it using the U13" coil both days in farm fields. This time of year I know the detecting season could be put on hold indefinitely at any time so the mild weather days are so welcomed.
New Jersey CopperVeeder Company patent October 1899.Farm fresh musket ball

Are you sure that is a dog tag? To me it looks like it could possibly be a luggage tag from the railroad. Only because the number is very high, (doubt there were that many dogs) and there are two holes.
Although im not sure if there would be a date on a bag tag?
Im sure it probably is a dog tag but it is maybe something to look into.

Heres one of each I have found.

Attachments

• 20150922_061746-1.jpg
    20150922_061746-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20161024_053918-1.jpg
    20161024_053918-1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 274
Beauty Barbers there Bruce! You heading for the Carib this winter for your annual get away and hunt? That was always fun to read about in the past when you went..
Mud

Back
Top Bottom