1920 Walking Half, marking?

NuffaloBickel

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. Is this some sort of deliberate marking or a complete accident. It appears to be deliberate. "A W" right under the tail feathers? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1504574305628.jpeg
    1504574305628.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 227
Funny how when you really, really, look at a coin, how much you notice, that you never did before...

One of my favorite coins!

<°)))>{

Yeah.... I found that link. Hence my foolish comment. And yes, you're absolutely right, there is so much detail in these coins. The barbers and mercs, the Indian heads, the buffalos... they're all so beautiful. Now if I could just dig them up instead of finding them in old change! I live on a property that was built in the early to mid 1800s and I figured they'd be popping up all over. There's so much iron and clad here though, I think I need to get all of that out of the ground before the real goodies start revealing themselves.

The AW is the designers initials......Adolph Weinman, the same guy who designed the Mercury Dime.

I actually realized my folly shortly after posting this. I guess now it's just a post as an ode to a beautiful coin. This thing was sitting in the house where I grew up for the past (30?) years, and who knows how long my Dad had it before that. Up until recently I could care less about coins. Over the course of the past month or so it's become an obsession. I just wish my old man was still alive so we could share that excitement together.

Back
Top Bottom