4 Silver Quarters Including A Stander Plus

Well done on the fine silver collection!
Well Jak I thank you for your kind reply.
Really nice finds! I've got to try curb strips......tried once & had some lady yell at me like she owned it!
Gold....Curb strips can be productive, some better than others. You are not along with people making a scene as I have been confronted several times. Even at the end of this hunt a officer stopped me as I was leaving telling me that a neighbor had called complaining of my activity. He looked over the ground a bit said there was no real problem and we entered into a conversation about him getting into the hobby.
That's some great hunting! I dug one of those music award pins here in Lexington KY a couple of months ago, identical design except mine is the 1927 version. One of my favorite finds!
Thank you Steve for the kind words. Its interesting that you also have dug one of these pins. The oddity here is these competitions never took place here in Wisconsin. Do jou know if the were in Kentucky?
Wow buddy, a 4 silver quarter hunt is awesome. Congrats on all the finds and glad you get out and found some silver. Hope the gardens doing well!
Thanks Jason, Got real lucky on this hunt as the real plan was to hunt the ball field in the park, finding the fence down was a surprise and i just took advantage of it. As you can tell I'm very happy about it.
I keep telling the wife I am not a farmer but I do have pride in the harvest. It has been a pretty nice reaping so far with beans, peas, tomatoes, peppers and potatos. We also grow garlic and sell it. Besides that we have a small fruit tree orchard that includes apples, pears, cherry's, plums and apricots. I won't mention the berries or all the asparagus or the salad garden nor the herbs. And I wonder about the time. Trapper

Congrats on the amaizing hunt Trap !
Nothing like a good day to put some spring in your step. Way to go buddy .đź‘Ť
Another ounce of the real stuff .
Love it ! ,Dew
Things did work out for me on this one Brad. I just got to find more time. Hope we can get together and get out again soon. The plan today is get the boat into the water with the wife and to see if we can add some fish to the diet.
Wow Trapper! Well executed plan that paid off. Congrats buddy!
Thanks Lee. The plan as for the site was in-tacked just made the adjustment and used it on the curb strip. Hope we all can make another trip south and meet up with crew sometime this fall.
Niceness!
Thank you Rulz.
Wow! That's an outstanding haul. Congrats./QUOTE]
It's been a very good year Jerry. A bit odd as I started very well with Digging Silver in the first 16 hunts then went five outings and dug only one. Now its been 9 in a row producing the shiny coins. In 2 of those hunts I dug 7 Silver Coins. Hope this streak can continue for a while. Jack

Congrats on the great hunt Jack! Gotta love when those little windows produce. I would go back ASAP, those windows shut quick! Happy hunting!

Another excellent day out for you sir !!! You certainly have a knack for getting that deep silver. Great job as always Jack...Continued success....HH !

Thank you Steve for the kind words. Its interesting that you also have dug one of these pins. The oddity here is these competitions never took place here in Wisconsin. Do jou know if the were in Kentucky?

Yes I did some research on this and these competitions were indeed held in schools in Kentucky. They mainly involved memorizing classical music pieces, sort of a "Name That Tune" type competition for schoolchildren.

Making the most out of limited time...congrats Trapper on a couple of stellar silver hunts!
I know I am no threat to the numbers you have already put up but I am doing pretty good with the limited time I have had. Hope next year the Silver comes as easy when I'm retired.
Congrats on the great hunt Jack! Gotta love when those little windows produce. I would go back ASAP, those windows shut quick! Happy hunting!
This window already closed Jeff but I do plan to hit that ball field yet with the big coil. The park has given me a bunch of Silver coins over the years and I never hit the field.
Another excellent day out for you sir !!! You certainly have a knack for getting that deep silver. Great job as always Jack...Continued success....HH !
Thank you Andy. The knack is been in practice a awful lot over the last two years. The CTX and the 17in. Coil along with advise from Air Force Mike started it and of late it seems to be the only way I get to hunt.
Yes I did some research on this and these competitions were indeed held in schools in Kentucky. They mainly involved memorizing classical music pieces, sort of a "Name That Tune" type competition for schoolchildren.
That's so neat, you may have further chances on locating a few more. The practice never caught on here in Wisconsin. It makes me wonder how it got here for me to find it. Jack

Back
Top Bottom