Donsell and other Rutus 71 users

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I have been experiencing some today with Rutus.

I think Inhave found something interesting.
Donsell you were asking the other day about dual mode on Rutus.

This is the reason btw I decided to do some testing.

Alright, test target a 10" nickel, has been buried quite a while.

What I am going to say here,,,this may indeed give the Rutus a little more depth.

But I am only basing this on what I am hearing with Rutus over this deeper nickel.

Users of Rutus who have test gardens might want to experiement.

I left my sensivity setting at 55, using disc channel reactive 3, 18.4 khz, the nickel is hard to hear, gain at 25 or 30 btw.

But if I go to audio menu, leave TH level at 0, set TH sens to 8, and TH sat to 5, the nickle with this lower sensitivity setting of 55 pops right through, with a little coil position wiggle room and still hear.

Now I can use the settings above and move TH sat out to higher level and get the nickel but the higher I go with this setting the closer it is to way the nickel,sounds with all the settings involving AM set to zero.

Now, this TH sat setting, I may be wrong here by saying, but I think it does affect recovery delay, so this level 8 setting in a polluted site might not be the best thing here.

But so far in an area where targets are sparse, this sounds awfully good.

With the AM settings above, if raise the sensitivty settin to 80-85, this nickel is super loud and clear at 25 gain setting. (This is disc channel tone, not all metal signaling)
Be hard to miss when detecting as a solo sitting target.

Just thought I would share.

I would like to hear some others feedback here on this after experimenting.

Btw Ghound did you play with ever?

Thanks TNSS -

I'll have to play with it and see how it works for me. I'm finding a lot more nickels with the Rutus than I ever found with my AT Pro. I'd love to find even more!

My test garden is pretty new. I have a 4" nickel and an 8" nickel so I'll see if I can duplicate what you found.

I've dug quite a few nickels with my Rutus too.
In sites that were riddled with gobs of modern trash.

One thing I notice, if I dig sometimes targets reporting on the lower side of my nickel window.
It will be a square tab.

But the tendency for this to happen, I can certainly live with- Rutus don't cost arm and a leg.
Especially the way the Rutus separates.

Back
Top Bottom