A very unexplained eyeball find....

Elbie

"In Memory Of"
Beside my house I have a concrete parking pad. I walked out to the trash can this afternoon, and on the concrete laid these pennies. They are not mine nor my wife's. Swept them up and there are about $4.00 worth. Dropped in a daytime burglary? Pennies from heaven?? I have no idea. We live in a old established neighborhood. But, a find is a find!!

Attachments

• pennies 1.JPG
    pennies 1.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 582
  • pennies 2.JPG
    pennies 2.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 586
  • pennies 3.JPG
    pennies 3.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 657
My guess is that one of your neighbor's saw you swinging your machine and thought maybe you were desperate and figured they'd help you out.

If my guess is accurate, be thankful that they placed them in the driveway instead of peppering your lawn.

Probably someone dumped the pennies from the console in their car. I have often seen places in parking lots where someone dumped the ashtray from their car. edit: now that I reread you post I see that it was in your backyard, so my theory is out.

Sweet! Easy pick up!

I hit a spill like that on the dirt once, down about 3" and right off the side of a HS parking area...imagine the signal a tight spill of pennies makes! I stayed in that little place no bigger than a garbage can lid and stabbed nothing but pennies for about a half an hour! It was about one of the worst experiences imaginable!:laughing:

A guy has to hope to find a Quarter spill like that someday! Or better! I remember Aquachigger hit a spill like that once, in a creek...its on youtube...it was all silver dollars from the late 17 and early 1800's! :laughing: You should watch that one if you havnt already...
Mud

Young folks today do not care for pennies. When I still worked they would leave them all over the tables of the break room

I HIT A penny spill in a city park. Used the pin pointer to find 37 of them in a small area. Got tired of digging them and last time I was in that park there was still a bunch of them in the same area.

It does make one wonder how so many pennies wound up in the same place.
Certainly more than one would have in their pocket.

Probably someone dumped the pennies from the console in their car. I have often seen places in parking lots where someone dumped the ashtray from their car.

Yep, I came in from MDing one day, to meet my wife at Denny's for lunch. Got out of my truck, and right there in the next parking spot was a penny dump - maybe 25 or 30. Put them right into my finds pouch and went in for lunch. As mentioned, a find is a find. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom