Ghost Town Permission!

local_coins

Elite Member
Hey all, I have been researching this ghost town for some time now and finally got myself over to the area on Friday. I met some real nice people and got some great info about the area. I found that most of the land is owned by a single farmer. I talked to a lady who now lives in the oldest house in the area that was built by the founder of the town and she was very forthcoming with information and where I could get more! She was ready to give me a book that was given to her but she couldnt find it.

The next person I talked, John, to owns the large brick house below. It was originally built by a promonent brick maker in the early years of the town. This man now owns the house and the land that was where about 80% of the original town structures stood! I asked him permission and he was almost as enthusiastic as me! He readily agreed and said he would like to go with me! He does not have a detector but would like to tag along, hopefuly he will let me keep some things I find...He also took my number and said he would call either Monday or next weekend. I hope that he keeps that in his schedule!!!

In the pictures: The shot of the town, the left (south) side of the picture is the land owned by John-this is the area I would be hunting. None of these buildings are there now. The bulding in the back with the X above it was a boarding house. The depot is the building on the right (North), this bulding apparently burned. The depot is on the farmer's land.

The picture was taken from the general store which was across the street. The store is also on the farmer's land. The original sidewalk is still in place at the store front.

Attachments

• Depot Foundation2.jpg
    Depot Foundation2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Shield\'s House.jpg
    Shield\'s House.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 255
Your good research should payoff well LC especially since some of the structures and markers are still there. Best of luck.

Thanks Terry, I certainly hope so. Even if John does not call back, I still have a shot with the farmer. I will post more pictures of the sidewalk and General Store Foundation when I go back. I dont think I said this before but the town was founded in the late 1860's!

Back
Top Bottom