There's ONE THING that really P--- me off

I wish I had just one thing that p***ed me off...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in the kids season now. Locals are just slobs they bury everything to include baby diapers. I dont get bent out of shape about those holes as long as they arent near the water.... where like you said joggers or walkers can step in them. In the dry sand i figure if a family can bring a shovel and dig a HUGE hole and walk away no one is even going to notice after an hour that he left a hole once it drys. I agree its dangerous nearer the water.... and stupid.

Dew

I agree. One thing I worry about is when I fill in a hole in the wet sand (and I fill all my holes) is that the area does not look any different then whats around it. But, it is softer! Kind of a deception. If a jogger steps there and sinks unexpectantly, ouch! Im sure it only take a few minutes to get as hard as the rest but I worry.
BH

Oh yeh! Didn't even think of that!
Good idea..

A reasonable and polite comment for Florida beaches is....

Ask them if they know about that it is currently turtle nesting season (until October)
and as hatchlings making their run from the nest to the water, they can fall into and become trapped in holes.
So please fill in the holes to protect the babies or at least keep the environmental agencies off your back.

I wish more people were as thoughtful as you!
Thanks

Pete

I agree. One thing I worry about is when I fill in a hole in the wet sand (and I fill all my holes) is that the area does not look any different then whats around it. But, it is softer! Kind of a deception. If a jogger steps there and sinks unexpectantly, ouch! Im sure it only take a few minutes to get as hard as the rest but I worry.
BH

BH

After a few minutes the sand sinks to the bottom and pushes the water out and it hardens. I've worried about that also.

Its really becoming common place these days. You would be surprised to know some of them are hunters who are posting on online forums showing support to filling holes. It took me a while to place online names to hunters names on the beach, but I know of a few. Lots of times it seems to happen in the dark and the next morning it looks like hell. The towns know the hunters are the cluprits we know it too. I use to think it was one timers visiting a site once or twice a year, but it's the regulars that just don't care. They can give you every reason why it's ok for them. This post is not directed towards anyone person or groups. Check out this video that I have posted many times in the past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3437EtZD6cI
To answer your question when I pulled the camera out he took off. Yes he was finding lots of good target this was sand dumped from under the boardwalk. After I filled his holes I searched it I found 60 or more coins most were nickles as he was discriminating them.
BCNJ

BC- that's one messy movie. Around here it is about a 50/50 mix of locals/regulars to newbies that do it.

I hunt in the 3 hours before the barber surf rakes start there shift at night (10:00 pm) and I still fill my holes and take my small trash. larger trash I leave for the surf rakes to pick up.

I don't think it would matter on my beach however, sadly, last night the surf rakes had to stop because there was a COUCH on the beach that someone left there. And its not the first time I have seen large objects left on the beach. Broken beach chairs, folding tables, broken umbrellas, bedsheets, clothes and all manner of trash and plastic bags.

And every 50 feet there is ether a sandcastle to trip over or a hole to fall into built/dug by children. Thats what you get in a city of 11 million people and only 9 miles of useful beach.

Some 30 years ago, during my first try at MDing, we had a local very old Drive-in Theater that was silver coin infested. One fool didn't fill in his hole and ruined it for everybody.

You know you hate to be the hole police like Brian up in jersey but a little video or pictures will go along ways. Just a shame one has to go to such limits to stop others from doing this.....

Bonesteel

Was not far from were I stayed,hunted that beach,the small stuff and sinkers were plentiful,ya that is not good,since your new to the forum,we are making you Captain watch dog of the Treasure coast :shock::lol: howboutit :dingding::detector::pirate:

I don't see this much here in the U.P. where I'm at mainly it's kids digging but I agree. It doesn't take much scoop,drop the sand to the side find your target and push it back in done move on. One place that is bad for newbs is youtube I see a lot of this on there and when you get newbs wanting or just getting into detecting one of the first places they turn to besides forums is youtube they see the old timers doing this I don't know how many times I've seen and heard I found a coin and spiraled out from the center and you can see where I've found them then they show the spiral and beyond that it looks like the beach was mortared and the newbs think it's acceptable.

Slobs

I like to think that anyone that belongs to a MD forum are not the people doing this. I have noticed that after reading at least 20 detector manuals, most have a page with the code of ethics! Manufacturers and dealers need to stress the importance way more than they do! Every hobby, sport, and pastime has its share of people that just don't care about anything except I, Me, Mine! If you confront someone doing this and they continue to do it you can and should be mad at "Them" about it, If you just let it go and say and do nothing you can only be mad at Yourself!!! I personally have no problem confronting people!!! GL & HH......Pat

They all creep the forum. At least on an off.

I like to think that anyone that belongs to a MD forum are not the people doing this. I have noticed that after reading at least 20 detector manuals, most have a page with the code of ethics! Manufacturers and dealers need to stress the importance way more than they do! Every hobby, sport, and pastime has its share of people that just don't care about anything except I, Me, Mine! If you confront someone doing this and they continue to do it you can and should be mad at "Them" about it, If you just let it go and say and do nothing you can only be mad at Yourself!!! I personally have no problem confronting people!!! GL & HH......Pat

Back
Top Bottom