Excal AA battery pod - Ok to use eneloop and ebay charger???

would not see a problem with that at all,,,,the problem is getting the small end piece that you will only get from ML and they are proud of it and is like 40 bucks,,,,

I have a set of AA eneloops and was wondering if I can safely use them in the excal alkaline pack?

If so can i use the high rate charger from eBay once they are installed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIMH-BATTER...048?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item2a0e3a4460

Are they 1.2v AA's or 1.5v? Regular alkaline batteries are 1.5v and 8 of them in a pod makes 12v. Since you can only fit 8 regular AA cells in the pod you would need to make sure they were 1.5v cells. I would not risk it considering that you can get a 1600mah cell on Ebay for $40 and those are made from the sub AA cells so they can fit 10 1.2v cells in the pod.

They should work, but wouldn't expect anywhere near the same run time.

Fast chargers, are battery cookers, and will reduce the number of times you can recharge your batteries. Nothing comes free in life.

Really hard to guess how well it will work out for you. If you pretty much hunt all day (many hours, continuous), you might come up short, and need to change out the batteries.

Hes saying 1.2 v equals 9.2 total v as opposed to 12 v. The charger will work.... but if you notice on your rechargable one it 14.3 v output. Id recommend you get them in 1.5v i believe they come that away as well.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom