For Vaquero Users

MetalMiner

Forum Supporter
I've had my new Vaquero for a few days. I heard it goes deep, what is the deepest coin you've dug. I have dug several deep holes & come up empty. today I dug a hole 12-13" & the V kept saying something was there but still nothing, My Garrett PP didn't pickup anything, could it have been deeper or maybe I was off center a bit? When I rescanned the hole with the V it would beep at the center of the hole.

I've had my new Vaquero for a few days. I heard it goes deep, what is the deepest coin you've dug. I have dug several deep holes & come up empty. today I dug a hole 12-13" & the V kept saying something was there but still nothing, My Garrett PP didn't pickup anything, could it have been deeper or maybe I was off center a bit? When I rescanned the hole with the V it would beep at the center of the hole.

I know what you mean, it's that deep. If I were you I'll finish that dig, just make sure your machine is properly ground balance, the sensitivity is not set too high and the signal comes from both sides when you pass the coil over the target

I know what you mean, it's that deep. If I were you I'll finish that dig, just make sure your machine is properly ground balance, the sensitivity is not set too high and the signal comes from both sides when you pass the coil over the target
Yeah I was gonna go back tomorrow & rescan to make sure I was centered & redig it a little deeper. I had my Disc maxed & was still getting a hit so I thought it was something good.

Yeah I was gonna go back tomorrow & rescan to make sure I was centered & redig it a little deeper.

it may turn out to be a big piece of metal trash, but we never know... better to be safe than sorry

it may turn out to be a big piece of metal trash, but we never know... better to be safe than sorry

usually the big stuff will set off my Garrett PP a long way from it. I know yesterday I found a pipe about 15"

usually the big stuff will set off my Garrett PP a long way from it. I know yesterday I found a pipe about 15"

I never used a garrett PP, only a sherlock and the probes are very handy in that situation.

scan the walls with the probe, if there is no signal, there is only one direction to take. hope your soils are not too hard :grin:

I never used a garrett PP, only a sherlock and the probes are very handy in that situation.

scan the walls with the probe, if there is no signal, there is only one direction to take. hope your soils are not too hard :grin:

Yeah I checked the walls, the soil isn't bad,but it's near a tree so I been dealing with tree roots

big roots are really a bummer, I remember once I had to leave a signal for that reason

and I have heard stories of people burying treasure and placing a tree on the spot :lol: :tissue:

Sometimes really deep targets are things like horseshoes or pieces of swing set legs or the barrel of a gun, big belt buckles or something else big. I found a rusty water pipe piece at nearly 2' with my VX3. Of course round items sound good on all detectors, so I kept digging. Try again tomorrow something is down there.

Back
Top Bottom