ETRAC: ID before digging... my curiosity!

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Okay, so out in the yard of a family members, I am running HIGH discrimination and I am getting a few signals that are solid repeatable signals. However, the family member is out of town right now and I am trying to keep curiosity down as much as possible since I haven't heard back whether I can dig the targets yet.

I am having a couple of locations where I am getting a 10/36 signal, very solid and very repeatable. Is it just junk? I mean I haven't seen either the FE or the CO numbers move at all and the tone is not the highest tone but it's a tone that will make you stop and scan it a few times.

Anyone want to take a guess at what it could be? Maybe tame my curiosity!

10-36 usually turns out to be as Goodmore said. Zincolns come in at 12/11-37/38 most of the time. I have had them come in different when they are really degraded.

A 10-36 on my machine is normally a bottle screw cap but I have zincolns and other coins at that range, especially if they're deep.
I dig those when the 12-40's are gone. I still learning though.

Yeah kind of what I was thinking. I'm waiting for approval to dig. Looks like census says aluminum or penny. Bleh

I had a pocket full of 12-40 King Corbra Caps today..LOL......hate em.....that is prob a deep cap.

anything 10,11,12-36 is almost always a screwcap around here...BUT I dig them anyway and have found my one IH , and at one local park the wheats all ring in at 11,12-36,37 and I have been rewarded with quite a few this year.
I know the CO numbers vary by soil and state, but are relatively close.
I know a beavertail around here is 11-11 to 12-13 but I have also found nickels in that range. modern can flip top pull tabs are 12-15 and cans or slaw hit at 12-39,40 here.
so what I am saying is if it isn't a strong repeatable signal from multi directions, chances are it is not a coin, but if you can take the chance...dig it!

Little history of the house. It is one of the first built neighborhoods around this area. 1976. The tree in the front yard is the oldest tree in the area and is protected by the county. One of the signals that im talking about is in the back yard where another 100+ yr old tree used to be before it was removed. The other signal is about 10ft away from the other.

We have found square nails in this yard before but closer to the actual house structure. It would be nice if it was an old cent. But I'm thinking rusty nail or wire myself. I'll try and excavate it this evening

The verdict is in.........

One super crusty zinc penny that was run over by a lawn mower or something.

The other...........................
An aluminum can or tuna can or something. Buried very deep! But it was fun. There is another zinc signal in the yard, just havent wasted the time to dig it.

Back
Top Bottom