WWII German Infantry Assault Badge

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
And a couple more Scout Neckerchief Slides, along with more battery money ($5.50 clad).

Rotinaj and I got a few hours of hunting in today. Again, great time with a great guy! I seem to be a magnet for those Scout Slides (5 in 2 hunts), but he scores the silver and wheats.

He also immediately ID'd the badge (in the field), and sent me a link to it. The one I found is plated, so I'm unsure where that falls in the realm of "real" or reproduction? No matter, had fun finding it.

http://www.quanonline.com/military/military_reference/german/badges/infantry_assault_silver.php

Yes, I'm another who stinks at close-up pics :(

IM004030.jpg

IM004029.jpg

Thanks guys! I was happy to find it (real or not). Always nice to dig anything different.

RRPG- There's nothing on the back (as far as markings), and it's solid (as opposed to hollow). There are pics on the link I'd added in the OP which show the reverse.

AceGVSU11- I was using my DeLeon, and it came-in mostly as a coin (95), while slightly bouncing towards Zinc Penny.

There's nothing on the back (as far as markings), and it's solid (as opposed to hollow). There are pics on the link I'd added in the OP which show the reverse.

Gauntlet,
Couldn't see a link to what ever is or isn't on the reverse of the Infantry Assault Badge. But the remains of the pin may help to identify whether it is real or not. Given it's condition I'd say it is probably a repro. But an unusual find all the same!

Inf assult badge

Back in the day 1980's I was involved with WW11 reanacting. I was on the German side, Grenadiers div. We had complete repro uniforms, I mean all of it. Because we wore our medles on the uniforms, like they did we lost a lot of repro medals. We use to go to Fort Mead Md.

Back
Top Bottom