Atlanta GA Metal Detecting Club

Club

Jeff,
Thanks for the invite. I would like to join and try to find some friends here in Ga to relic hunt with. Missing metal detecting in Va
Thanks,
Tim

Club

Jeff,
Thanks for the invite. I would like to join and try to find some friends here in Ga to relic hunt with. Missing metal detecting in Va
Thanks,
Tim

We have several club hunts each year.

Some of the meetings have interesting speakers or programs on MD equipment.

Can talk to other members with common interest, detectors, or hook up with someone for a hunting partner.

See what others in your area are finding.

ECT.....

Jeff

New to the hobby in GA

I just bought my first detector for my son and I, and I found out it is illegal to hunt the parks and such. Where can you search in the atlanta area? I live south by Peach Tree City.

Thanks,
Marty

You can still hunt many old parks and schools in the Atlanta area but check with each city or school system about thier rules.

Also as a rockie, be careful digging, filling your holes. Pick up and carry off all the trash you dig up. Also be careful with your selection of digging tools. When hunting very public areas like these, don't use a tool that could be considered a weapon or a threat to someone. Don't take a shovel to a park or schoolyard.

Permission to hunt private property (old homes, farms, ect..) is usually your best bet.

Jeff

Our next meeting is February 23rd @ 7:30 PM.

The new meeting site is:
Gwinnett County Fire Station # 5.
3001 Old Norcross Road
Duluth, GA 30096

Jeff

Our club website is down

Our club website is down but we are still an active club. Hope to get the technical issues resolved soon!

Jeff

I'd definitely be interested in joining. I'm over in Athens, about an hour and a half drive from Atlanta. I'd certainly be willing to take the drive once or twice a month, especially if some quality detecting is involved.

Thanks Jeff. Let me know when you have something planned and I'll try to go. Right now I need to replace the battery holders in my detector. Then maybe you can show me how to use it?

Back
Top Bottom