Merlin and the Battle Stealth Slay the 14K and Clad Hordes!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went yesterday for an after work hunt but this time I did not leave early since there was no sense with low tide being at around 7:15 pm. It was way too rough to go anywhere else for me but this beach but this time I decided to work outside of the areas I normally do – sort of an expeditionary hunt. I had no real expectations but to get out and see how this area fared. I started at a small scallop in ankle deep water that at high tide would normally have been exposed. A few targets here and there at about 25 minutes into the hunt I get a PT signal and it’s a PT. 20 seconds after that another PT signal but in the scoop is :dingding:. I notice that it’s white gold with some yellow showing through again and it has some nice weight to it. An unexpected goal for the day is now reached! :thumbsup:

I continue to head south and away from the normal and much more populated section of the beach I usually work. I now am about 100 yards away from where I found the gold and start getting coin after coin in an area ankle deep and near the shore. I cannot tell you what an unbelievable period of targets of mainly coins this was!! It was an onslaught as they attacked me many times in multiples of 2’s and and even a few trio’s but I was able to stand my ground and kill them all!!! :gunbandanna::mder::boxing: All this was in a stretch of about 10X30’ and I could not believe the production that area had of dimes and nickels in addition to the other coins. I did pass after pass from different directions in this small area for 3 hours until I was satisfied that I had decimated all the signals. What’s funny is that my intentions had been to go much further South and it just didn’t happen for me since I kept my ADHD in check and stayed in that small area. (That was probably the most difficult thing for to accomplish too!) At one point in the hunt I was worried that the good finds section of my pouch would overflow from all the coins but then I just decided that I would start throwing them in the much larger trash section if it came to that. Needless to say, that I was really expecting gold #2 here but it just didn’t happen. After 4 hours I was done and headed home!

At home, I weighed the gold ring and it comes in at 6.1grs and is marked 14K. I knew I would be way over 100 coins and suspected that I might be near or over 200. I could not believe my count of 246 coins and the amount of nickels and dimes that I pulled. :shock: That is now my largest clad haul in terms of coins and amount for a water hunt. I am considering heading back tomorrow morning and picking up where I left off but we'll see.

Attachments

• 5-4-18.jpg
    5-4-18.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 401
  • 5-4-18 Ring2.jpg
    5-4-18 Ring2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 5-4-18 Pouch.jpg
    5-4-18 Pouch.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 5-4-18 Fits.jpg
    5-4-18 Fits.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
:dingding: Nice job on the gold! Man those are some toasted coins, especially those Felix pennies!

Great job Felix. You were determined, and full of energy :yes: crazy that you scooped all of those targets. Awesome work on the jewelry :) :photo:

Attachments

• Santeria.jpg
    Santeria.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 366
Congrats on the gold! looks like you did some major digging for all that clad as well. Thanks for keeping our beaches penny free!

By the looks of those coins you were hitting some deep targets! And rewarded with a Nice 14k Band! :thumbsup:

I don't see 247 coins... the two rows on the bottom do not fall into the coin category :D Good job on the gold though... :D

Back
Top Bottom