Another good short hunt.

usmceng1

Today I had about 2hrs to kill after I dropped my daughter off to school. I went back to the same area in an old well hunted LA park I hit last sat. This was my second park hunt with the CTX3030 and my 2nd park hunt in a long time. I wanted to see if last week was just a lucky day and also to try out my new grey ghost wireless headphones. I concentrated my detecting around old trees that had quite a bit of clald and what looked like old hard packed ground underneath. I managed to get a rosie, merc, wheatie and a pendant which I think is silver along with some clad hitiing the trees in the area. Im amazed that Those goodies are still there. So many great so cal detectorists have hit that park many times. I have hit that area many times before with my etrac. Im wondering if its the machine or is it me concentrating more with the ctx. I just feel like I can find more goodies now. But I do notice that the ctx seems faster and than the etrac and also seems to lock on and Id deep target better. The grey ghost wireless headphones worked well also. The sound is a little muffled not as crisp as my wired killer bee's but with the volume control and no wire I definately give them a thumbs up. I know the ctx has been out for years and everyone is raving over the equinox but I think that here in so cal old parks with tons of modern trash slow and steady FBS machines are still king. I may try my equinox 600 at these old parks just to see if its an FBS killer but my confidence is with FBS. My daughter love the 600 at the beach though, it does work well on wet and dry sand here on so cal beaches.

Attachments

• 20180525_104633-1.jpg
    20180525_104633-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180525_103733-1.jpg
    20180525_103733-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 132
Big Congrats! The CTX is top dog when it comes to finding silver coins at modern trashy sites and is a joy to use. The Nox sounds like it's a big step down.

beephead

Thanks everyone even if the ctx doesn't make the old parks new again it sure brought the fire back. Was starting to think the parks were all hunted out, glad to see thats not true. I guess the old Etrac will be retired now.

I had the E-trac for several years before taking up the CTX. I have little if any complaints about the E-trac. But I have raving things to say about the CTX. This machine in a little over 3 years has provided over 400 Silver Coins. Using it along with the 17 coil has accounted for a awful lot of deep Silver. While I think the "Nox" is a fine addition to anybody's stable I like the stable ride of my 3030's. That being said Orlando congrats on a very nice outing that produced Silver. Trapper

My Etrac has done me well and I will probably never part with it. One thing I will miss is the sunray probe. I have the 17inch coil also hope to use it soon for a little extra depth for those
deep oldies.

Back
Top Bottom