now THIS is a BEACH!

Seaking406

Elite Member
Finally found a nice beach where the winter storm surges didn't kill off but unfortunately, it's one of the cleanest beaches I've encountered EVER! This stretch of beach is quite long and so gentle sloping, that at low tide, the small waves will run up a good 20-30 feet.. so prepare to get wet.. Though it was nice and sunny, the North Atlantic waters chilled the air to the low 40's, and though dressed for the conditions, I caught a couple of booters and got cold after a while and had to jag in it for the day..

But I got to search a bit of stretch at the low tide mark, then mid-tide and at the high tide mark and not a thing.. no trash, no coin, no infamous lead ingots, not even sea glass for the missus.. I thought something might be amiss with the MD but tested it with some pocket change and it's picking those up nicely..

Just a super clean beach.. I will be back later this summer with a larger coil and when it's nicer out.. brr..

Thought I might stop by a popular spot but could it be... ?! Could it be possible? I'll leave the rest to your imagination lol.. hidden treasures..

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 710
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 658
You have only 9 more posts to go to be eligible to win a nice beach machine made for salt water. You have till 10pm eastern tomorrow. I know your machine will work, but why not try to get one that will work better?

Good luck out there.

You have only 9 more posts to go to be eligible to win a nice beach machine made for salt water. You have till 10pm eastern tomorrow. I know your machine will work, but why not try to get one that will work better?

Good luck out there.

Hi, you've mentioned this before but I'm not aware of this contest? Yes, I would LOVE a new machine and if I'm able to WIN one, all the better! The wife said I could upgrade anytime I wished to but still trying to figure out which..

8 more posts.. (replies count or only NEW posts?)

(replacement coil arrived today, using it tomorrow!!)

Thanks again

Hi, you've mentioned this before but I'm not aware of this contest? Yes, I would LOVE a new machine and if I'm able to WIN one, all the better! The wife said I could upgrade anytime I wished to but still trying to figure out which..

8 more posts.. (replies count or only NEW posts?)

(replacement coil arrived today, using it tomorrow!!)

Thanks again

Go down the main forum page to the contest page. Actually here it is:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259140

Just swatting the hornets nest here, but uh, it would take a month of Sundays to grid search a sand box with that tiny coil! :lol:

D'ya think?!?!! lol.. that's what I was thinking.. however.. compared to the larger coil, the small one gets deeeeep targets as proven the other week when I pulled up a Twoony from 12 inches and a silver ring from 11 inches.. AND it doesn't get any false signals from the waves coming in across the sands as the tides go up and down.. Something that the large coil suffers unless you really lower the sensitivity and a few more adjustments..

I got my replacement coil back from Garret (many thanks Scuba!) and plan to use that one when I go back to that beach.. I've gotten used to walking slowly, enjoying nature with the small coil, it's gonna feel weird walking at comparatively break neck speeds with a large coil lol

Now just waiting for the weather to clear and the meds to kick in!

Cheers

Is that a heavily used beach in the summertime?

Vacation spot, near a college (spring break), near a city or a port?

Some beaches really are virgin areas and not good for detectorists.

Research is part of the hobby.

Good luck. Might be a multi-frequency detector in your future.

Is that a heavily used beach in the summertime?

Vacation spot, near a college (spring break), near a city or a port?

Some beaches really are virgin areas and not good for detectorists.

Research is part of the hobby.

Good luck. Might be a multi-frequency detector in your future.

Funny you should say that.. the missus says "yes you can and you can give your ACE250 to your daughter and both of you can have an outting.."

Well how about THAT!

So what are my choices.. Hmmm.. HMMMM.. indeed.. I don't even know at this point what are my choices to be honest, something that's available in Canada..

That beach in particular is popular but it's in the middle of no where so it's mostly used by kind litter picking up Canucks who don't take their jewelery to the beach.. Mind you, there are always yanks who come up here for their vacations and are MORE than happy to wear their bling bling to the beach ;) Come up for a visit.. please!

We have a lot of your fellow canucks down here in Florida for the winter time.

Snow birds or snow geese maybe.

They tend to cluster in Titusville,Fl by the Space Center. The Royal Oak country club area where Moe Norman the famous Canadian pro golfer resided.

A trailer park there on the Indian River is a very popular spot.

Ehhh!

We have a lot of your fellow canucks down here in Florida for the winter time.

Snow birds or snow geese maybe.

They tend to cluster in Titusville,Fl by the Space Center. The Royal Oak country club area where Moe Norman the famous Canadian pro golfer resided.

A trailer park there on the Indian River is a very popular spot.

Ehhh!

I was out in the PCB area in Feb this year and Fort Walton Beach last year.. I picked up the hobby this spring while in PCB, there was no one on the beach in Feb, mostly because the locals thought it was too cold to be out on the beach let alone out in the Gulf waters.. twas strange being the only ones out in the waters while every one else was walking the beaches in their winter coats.. in Florida.. weird.. ;)

If you are thinking of a new or different detector and you want to hunt salt water beaches then a Multi-Freq detector is a must have. The older Minelab Sovereigns are about the best if you learn how to use them ... but the new Equinox is also very good and waterproof.
Even a dual freq Fisher like the CZ series will work much better than a single freq in salt water.

If you are thinking of a new or different detector and you want to hunt salt water beaches then a Multi-Freq detector is a must have. The older Minelab Sovereigns are about the best if you learn how to use them ... but the new Equinox is also very good and waterproof.
Even a dual freq Fisher like the CZ series will work much better than a single freq in salt water.

thanks for the info, I just placed my order for an Equinox 600 this evening, should have it in this week..

Back
Top Bottom