Starting a club

We still on for this Sunday? Looks like the weather's gonna be great!

That's the plan. I messaged 3 other guys and they are hoping to be there. So we could possibly have 6 of us there. Digdoug5 will be here in Hastings on Saturday but not Sunday. I'll keep him informed though.

I was the president of a local club for eight years and did the newsletter for ten (Before the Internet and computers). I told them when I was elected that it was going to be pretty informal and it seemed to work. Make friends with other clubs around the country for more ideas. Remember that a few people can't do all the work of finding places to hunt. I finally had to quit for other reasons and those who took over make a lot of new rules. The club doesn't exist any more. Keep it simple and remember that the whole idea is to enjoy each other's company and have fun. There used to be a large metal detecting hunt held in Hastings but I never had the chance to attend. Maybe you can find some of those who helped put it on.

What I am hoping for is to keep it simple. Even if this club grows more than I expect. I'm not a political kind of guy so I don't want the rules to be extreme. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

looking forward to Sunday afternoon. Hope everybody who can make it does and if you can't make it Sunday post up if you are interested in joining.

Had the introductory meeting today and after all the bs'n, I think we got the easy particulars out of the way. Think we have a name now, South Central Nebraska Metal Detecting Club. It's simple but why get too crazy:lol: Have to make a group on facebook, write up some rules (simple ones) and try to get the interest out there. I think this will be fun.

Everything seems to be going smooth so far. I'm having some stickers printed up, just about ready to put a t-shirt order in and am working on getting an "club" finds contest going. Best part is getting together with other detectorists and sharing the stories and finds.

Back
Top Bottom