New Reality TV Show

I like this vid. Better

WINNER of the 10-10-10 student filmmaking competition for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. A journalist is assigned to write a piece about an old man with a metal detector seen every day on a local beach. Once he learns of Metal Detector Man's past, he must learn from the mistakes of the past or he too is doomed to repeat them. PS: I think they would have benefited from a technical consultant.
this one isnt as depressing:laughing::laughing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ool3w9TtaCA

Not necessarily spam, but I've asked the OP not to cross post it on several areas of the forum.

Sorry to jump the gun, just saw it was his first post, and ran into a carbon-copy. Had a similar request once before...

Another fabricated reality show.....just what we need. :mad: There is no way this will work without staging finds and fabricating senarios. Another doomed idea before it even starts.

show

I think there are enough mindless reality shows on TV already. MDing is a hobby that gets into your soul and for me, brings me back to my childhood when I bottle digged. The thrill of finding something, even if it is unreconizable or a piece of a plate, theres nothing like it. I like history, and wondering about who, what,& when used them is thrilling for me. I am retired, disabled, but I'm going to start digging again too. Anyone On the shoreline in CT interested in either or both?

show

Opps I think I lost some of that rambling reply. I was about to ask if there are any other metel detector or bottle digging interested male or females in the New Haven, CT County area interested in chatting or meeting for coffee to discuss this someday?~D

Review my posts for the past year and you will see the reality of metal detecting .. I don't think anybody can do it for a living, unless they are being paid by a sponsoring company ..
There are a few that live in places, that make their finds better than most, but as far as a living not likely .. I guess if you live in a hut at the beach and eat alot of fish and soup/ beans from cans :)

It does seem hard to do it for a living..if someone is then they sure aint mentioning it

Anyone who says they make a living metal detecting is either lying and/or welfare/other means, or breaking the law.

Maybe you can plant the finds like another TV show we hate. Even people who don't detect tell me they can tell the stuff is planted.

I have an idea... Why don't you plant some TV guys on the beach, Waite about ten years and we'll come and dig um up. You can take pictures and
Hell, I might even buy one...........:lol:

Anyone who says they make a living metal detecting is either lying and/or welfare/other means, or breaking the law.

At best a group of retired people might come close. They can put in a lot of hours and don't really have to depend on what they find to pay the bills.

Back
Top Bottom