He scooorres [again]

X

Xray

Another GPS find here.
As I detailed in my last post "he scores" a few days ago, I have been using my mobile GPS unit to find tot lots. The process is simple - These units have the capability to find schools in whatever area you happen to be, so I just have it look for schools by distance, and just start hitting the closest elementary schools, which these days all seem to have tot lots, some pretty big.

Anyways I took my adopted daughter to visit her grandmother over the Easter holidays ... And her grandmother has 5 or 6 daughters, who all seem to have daughters of their own, and friends, it was quite a cat house and I was about the only guy there.
Some would call that heaven, others would say its hell.
After an hour or so I made an excuse to leave for a while, and immediately knew what I was going to do, since I was 60 miles from home on a cold holiday.
Go detecting, of course.
So I was guided to one tot lot, just some change there, and took off to the next one. Here, apparently kids made huge piles of woodchips under and by a set of swings. These piles were about a foot high and from 2 to 8 feet long.
I went right to them and started getting hits like crazy. Found some keys, bunch of change then I started flattening the piles to get better sweeps.

Got a hit which bounced between foil and a penny, stuck my pinpointer in the chips and got a good ding, and up popped this very nice 14k bracelet.
8.5 inches long and 12 grams - It was not broken in any way, it was still clasped. So it would appear this simply slipped off someones wrist, and unfortunatly for them, their loss is my gain, because at that distance I am not going to go back and try to find the owner [cost me about $30 in gas there and back to get out there].
If it was a local school I'd likely notify the office that a jewelry item was found, and if someone can descibe it, its theirs.
The 3 keys I found I laid on a ledge by a door, so maybe someone will get their keys back at least.

Nice bracelet, and my style too. It fits, but the links are a bit dinky looking for me [the bracelet I wear is 18 grams] ... So this little sweety will join the rest of my trinkets in my keepers box.

Attachments

• IMG_0097 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0097 (Medium).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 155
Hey Xray, when you go yo tot lots do you usually have about a foot of wood chips to contend with when digging? I think in my area they are Xtra safety conscious and put down about a foot of wood chips. And with the rain those chips are compacted so it seems to be able to dig in dirt is easier than the wood chips.

BTW nice find...

Hey Xray, when you go yo tot lots do you usually have about a foot of wood chips to contend with when digging? I think in my area they are Xtra safety conscious and put down about a foot of wood chips. And with the rain those chips are compacted so it seems to be able to dig in dirt is easier than the wood chips.

BTW nice find...

No, this was an exception, and an obvious creation by kids. These were piled up in small mountains. 3-4 inches seems to be the norm, after that you run into that underlying mesh that they put under the chips.
Some lots are in fact very chip deficient and need badly to be rechipped. These are barely worth going to, as most anything dropped is plainly visible to the naked eye and has nowhere to hide.

Back
Top Bottom