Im done with the hobby

What are you posting this for? I’m in SW PA too. Are you planning to get rid of equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best of luck to you in school. And hang in there you may be able to detect again at a later time.:thumbsup:

No more time than I get to actually go detecting, it's almost like I never really started. But I'm not going to say I'm quitting, because I do enjoy it when I get the time. But if you just don't enjoy it anymore then we understand. Otherwise, just hang the detector in the closet till the day you feel like beepin' and diggin'.

I can't detect due to health reasons and I besides I'm in graduate school and just don't have the time.

Tough to give up because of health reasons. I am in the same boat. I live vicariously through everyone here that can get out and enjoy this hobby. I love seeing the excitement in others that I was able to enjoy 40 years ago.
I guess what I am saying is you can still enjoy this hobby through the exploits of others. Keep your chin up.

You have to do what you must , but it can be hard getting your equipment back again if you get rid of it. My suggestion would be to take out the batteries and put it in a safe place. Life situations can change in a very short time , its good to be ready if it does.

Sorry to hear that your leaving the hobby. As some have said try putting you equipment away for a while and come back to it when the time is right.

I would agree with some of the previous posters. Remove all batteries, clean up your gear and lock it away. I understand health issues can be a downer and take time away from things you enjoy, but you have to look forward to the good days when you can get out, even if it's just once a month or so. And as far as grad school, it wont last forever. I know it seems like it will, but I promise it wont. Ultimately the decision is yours to make. I hate to see people give up on something they enjoy because life stuff happens. Take a pause, step back, regroup and maybe you'll find new life for the hobby. First and foremost you need to what's right for you and nobody else. Only you know what is the right thing to do. GOOD LUCK. Hope all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom