Again with the Silver Rings

z118

Forum Supporter
Made it out for three hours this morning, hit a high school that I had not detected before. I did pretty well; I found 65 clad coins (24 of which were quarters) as well as a 1958 D wheat penny and a ring stamped .925. Total for the clad was $8.01. This is the most quarters I've found in one trip, although I did not do too good with the nickels today. The fields were extremely soggy, it was like digging in pudding with grass growing on top, if you can picture that.

Does anyone have any idea if the design on the ring means anything?

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Finds 4-13.jpg
    Finds 4-13.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 156
Cool finds.I am gonna start searching the schools here as well...

Very nice collection of coins........looks to me like flames and the sun on the ring........I wouldn't think there would be any significance to it other than looking cool. But what do I know? The good thing is, it's 'silver'. WTG!!

Good haul Z - I never have hit a high school - where are the best producing spots in your experience ? Thanks, Steve i nso az

Good haul Z - I never have hit a high school - where are the best producing spots in your experience ? Thanks, Steve i nso az

I'm amazed you've never detected a high school! I thought they were pretty common places for detectorists to hit?

Definitely check out around athletic fields - two places in particular; where spectators sit, especially if there is a set of bleachers (as you know). Also check out the area where the athletes put their equipment and bags down during the game. Stuffs tends to fall out of the bags and not get noticed.

Most high schools around here have a concession stand that sells food during big games; the grass around these stands can be good too.

I've had good luck in the grass around student parking lots... I think students drop things getting in and out of their cars and then the plow pushes it all to the edge of the lot (although I'm betting they don't plow too much where you are).

At some schools there is a spot at the edge of campus or right off campus where the students go to smoke... this can be a good spot to check too.

Grassy areas along paths are always good...

I think that's it... to be honest, I feel kind of silly trying to give YOU tips! Your find photos are what drive me to keep looking for that next great find!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom