My First Standing Liberty Quarter!!!

Diggum

Elite Member
I just found my first standing liberty quarter! Woohoo! Interesting thing to me, is that she rang up lower than a modern quarter. Isn't that strange? Out of the ground and mostly cleaned up on the Equinox with a 6-inch coil, it rings up as a 30. In the ground it rang up 26. I was thinking that I'd be digging up either scrap metal or a modern dime.

She cleaned up really nice, but I'm adding a couple of pre-cleaned pics for you diggers who like their posts a little dirty... :laughing:

Attachments

• 20181208_103821.jpg
    20181208_103821.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 20181208_103847.jpg
    20181208_103847.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 20181208_105950.jpg
    20181208_105950.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20181208_105917.jpg
    20181208_105917.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 168
She’s a beauty!! Never forget went I first saw that eagle I new it was something different. I’ve found 2 in 5 years. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!!! Even has a date!! It’s an awesome feeling when you dig your first anything... Congrats!

SLQ's are always purty to find. Good to hear from a fellow Californian. I like the in-situ pix. Congrats on the First SLQ.

SLQ's are always purty to find. Good to hear from a fellow Californian. I like the in-situ pix. Congrats on the First SLQ.
Thanks, Tom! And thank you for the in-situ appreciation, you dirty bird! :laughing:

Those things don't exist in Arizona:laughing: Congrats.
Oh, I'm sure they're out there! Arizona's been around plenty long! And yours will be in fantastic shape, given the arid nature of your area. :yes:

Congrats on the semi-key date SLQ!
Thank you! Though the value doesn't drive me, I will look them up occasionally to see their value. An average condition coin is worth $32, per cointrackers.com. Of course, this one's dug and I'm not sure if it's "average" or sub, but fun to know!

Good catch! 26 often shows as a clad quarter and a zinc penny. I've had enough of those to always dig them.
On my machine, a Zincoln will run around 19(+/-1). Clad quarter is 31-33. I try to dig anything with a decent sound, and sometimes even if not decent, if there's something about it that tells me to dig. Worked so far, and I've got some gold because of it!

Very nice!!! Even has a date!! It’s an awesome feeling when you dig your first anything... Congrats!
Definitely! Thank you, WyoTom! I know that many times the dates are worn off, so I feel really fortunate to have found this one. :)

Congrats on your first stander! I was fortunate enough to dig my first this year as well, nice work!
With your great success, I'm surprised at this, and figured you'd just throw these away or give them to kids to buy gumballs! :laughing: Congrats on your first SLQ!

Congrats on your first Stander. It is a very impressive coin and more so with a date. Don't be surprise by your "Nox" numbers as the only consistence I have found with mine is inconsistency. Still the machine does find Silver and is full of surprises. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom