• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First time hunting with Sun Ray X-5 Stealth Coil in Hawaii

islandchips

Aloha
I received my Sun Ray Stealth X-5 coil today and took it for a 3 hour hunt in a trash riddled park here in Hawaii.  I used my Explorer 2 with the X-1 probe in the park with fast recover on and sensitivity At 30. the ground was very dry.  The coil weighs next to nothing and performed better than as expected.  The pull tabs and bottle caps were thick in places, but the Stealth sniffed out the coins with ease.  My finds for the 3 hour hunt was 15/25, 15/10, 42/01, no zincs and 3 silver dimes.  That comes out to 1 coin every 2 ½ mins. on average. The best part is that your arm still feels good after your hunt as you all know with the Explorer and Quattro even the 8 inch coil feels heavy after a while.   If you like your X-1 probe and hunt in trashed filled parks will you love the Stealth X-5 and this is no hype job. 

Attachments

• Sunray x-5.jpg
    Sunray x-5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 486
  • KLpark 051206finds.psd edtit copy.jpg
    KLpark 051206finds.psd edtit copy.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 445
Good deal Islandchips, I have yet to find any Silver here. Hit a beach the other day and as soon as I stepped out from my truck there was a 14k ring right outside my door. :yes:

Aloha Roger
I must not have been looking to hard for the nickels, just to many pull tabs. When I hunt a park that I know I'M comming back to I try to dig all the pull tab signals until I can't take it any more. Then my nickel counts are higher. Do you have a hint to finding more nickels without having to dig the pulltabs?

Aloha
Does anyone know what kind of bullet this is?  Could this be from the Pearl Harbor attack?  It was found in sight of Pearl Harbor.

Attachments

• Bulletw25.jpg
    Bulletw25.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 586
Hey islandchips...I tend to stay away from the downtown area, although Kapiolani Park has a few areas that look promising. The ring I found was in the country. My digital camera is only 3.1 megapix so the picture would not be very good for posting. It was definately a Hawaiian made ring though. I am thinking of getting an ExplorerII sometime in the future, how is the learning curve?

Hey good going there with that coil. Question... are you right handed? If so, you will find that the probe mounted to the inside of your handle will make a world of difference when setting you EXP down to the right of your hole. I switched mine after the first hunt.

Aloha Bearbqd
Yes I am right handed. I tried the X-1 on the inside but when the probe got muddy it got all over my pants. That is why I have it on the outside. The X-1 probe is the bomb and I think it saves alot of time. It is worth it's weight in gold.

Hey Isle,
I am currently looking for a small coil to add to my Exp. II. I am looking for the BEST performer, and don't know how well the Sunray stacks up against others like Coiltek. Any insight?

Aloha Wt
I have never tried the Coiltek coil, but I can say that you won't be sorry with the Sun Ray Stealth X-5 coil. I liked the Sun Ray X-1 probe so much that I thought that I would try the Sun Ray Pro head phones and was very happy with them also. The sounds were crisp and clear. I thought the Koss phones that came with the Minelab was good, but the Sun Ray is much better. It also has volume to spare and has a switch that when on protects your ears from large surface signals that blast your ears. They also folded away nicely. I wish they would make a headphone bag for it. I now use the Koss phones as a back up. I figured that if I was happy with the X-1 and Sun Ray Pro head phones, why not give the Sun Ray coils a try. And I figured right they were good. I guess that's a Sun Ray Hat Trick for me 3 for 3 can't get any better than that. I have so many detecting stuff that I tried and didn't like that just collects dust. You could not wipe off the smile on my face when I found the three silver coins in one hole. I wish Sun Ray would make a in-line probe like the X-1 for the X-terra and send me one to test here in Hawaii (Ralph Hint Hint :))
Paul (Island Chips)

Paul,
I appreciate the insight. I too have an X-1, and LOVE IT !!!!!! When I got my Explorer, I got a package that included a pair of Grey Ghost originals (real good), so I never bothered with the Koss phones. They are now being used on the Ace 250 that I got for the wife.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom