hunting in company is much more fun!

tonznz

Hi all,

I was fortunate to have several hours of hunting with my friend Andrew from Christchurch.

We got permission to hunt a private field that had been a picnic ground in the past.

I scored two large silvers and two maori warrior silver shiilings, and an exciting wallet that had a few 1940s and 1950s coins though no silvers.

here's my finds from that hunt on Saturday and included is some coins and relics from Friday evening, thursday evening and also Wednesday afternoon with my newly 'back in action' sovereign gt last week.

I got excited on thursday night when I dug this.It wasn't silver though.

Friday night and this was an old medallion commemorating the reign of Victoria and also the settlement of Otago:

the other side:

thin silver bits from Thursday night. The round one was from a small bottle, the long piece is the wrap around a smoking pipe. I flattened it out as it was a bit crushed.

three ringers and small pistol ball from Thursday and friday nights:

silvers one side from four hunts including the picnic ground:

then the other:

one of my pennies from last week. I polished it up as it wasn't much to look at before hand.

my third ever girl guides badge on Thursday last:

on wednesday last trying out my restored minelab sovereign gt at a nearby beach:

1940s USA cent in the mud flats with the soverign gt:

wallet! What a rush!

thats me hunting around the trees in the old picnic ground:

rewarded with two big silver new zealand florins:

Happy hunting folks!:detector:

Awesome hunt! Were those Vicy penny's in the wallet!? Cheers Simon

Thanks for the comments.

No the coins were two copper nickel 1950s New Zealand florins and 1950s penny or two, a copper nickel threepence and copper nickel sixpence. It was buried around two inches deep.

We found over 60 coins in total and Andrew found a nice 1940s Otago medallion also. We figured the picnic ground had never been detectored ever.

Nice score there Tonz, love those Queen Vic coins. All nice finds bother WTG

I'll let you know when I'm next down your way :yes: would like to be there right now :lol:

Nice score there Tonz, love those Queen Vic coins. All nice finds bother WTG

I'll let you know when I'm next down your way :yes: would like to be there right now :lol:

Let me know, when you are coming. Love to do some hunts together. Love the finds you have posted up. Those rings sure are amazing.

I agree, I love detecting in the company of birds, armadillos, squirrels, chipmunks etc. Nothing like a little company while I'm out detecting!

Hi all,

I was fortunate to have several hours of hunting with my friend Andrew from Christchurch.

We got permission to hunt a private field that had been a picnic ground in the past.

I scored two large silvers and two maori warrior silver shiilings, and an exciting wallet that had a few 1940s and 1950s coins though no silvers.

here's my finds from that hunt on Saturday and included is some coins and relics from Friday evening, thursday evening and also Wednesday afternoon with my newly 'back in action' sovereign gt last week.

I got excited on thursday night when I dug this.It wasn't silver though.

Friday night and this was an old medallion commemorating the reign of Victoria and also the settlement of Otago:

the other side:

thin silver bits from Thursday night. The round one was from a small bottle, the long piece is the wrap around a smoking pipe. I flattened it out as it was a bit crushed.

three ringers and small pistol ball from Thursday and friday nights:

silvers one side from four hunts including the picnic ground:

then the other:

one of my pennies from last week. I polished it up as it wasn't much to look at before hand.

my third ever girl guides badge on Thursday last:

on wednesday last trying out my restored minelab sovereign gt at a nearby beach:

1940s USA cent in the mud flats with the soverign gt:

wallet! What a rush!

thats me hunting around the trees in the old picnic ground:

rewarded with two big silver new zealand florins:

Happy hunting folks!:detector:

wee doggy !....congrats !....:chaplin:

Back
Top Bottom