• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Getting by bigger tree roots

I have one, not that brand. I have cut a bunch of tree limbs it works as well as any hand saw I have used. I don't like climbing ladders, and I won't climb above the "don't climb above" warning sticker. I like ladders even less when a chain saw is involved. I have crippled and dead relatives that were professional loggers with all the training and safety equipment that proved to me a half drunk, out of shape old man should leave the aerial work alone. with a long enough rope it makes cutting over head limbs safe and easy. I tried using it to cut some big ugly hackberry roots out of the yard and it works but it's a lot of work. Pulling down to cut is easy, pulling up to cut is a hell of a workout. You have to lift with your knees,back, and arms and it's hard to find a non-awkward way to stand. You have to dig a couple of spots to cut the root, by the time you do all the digging you could probably get your target without cutting the root.

If you don't mind a workout they work. I guess it depends on how bad you want the target.

Back
Top Bottom