Minelab WM08 1/8 to 1/4 Adapter for Equinox 800

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
Has anyone found an adapter that fits the WM08 to use other headphones? I found one at Radio Shack but it doesn't work. Stem is too short. :( The wireless headphones hurt my ears.

If you have found one and you KNOW it works, could you please post here or PM me the link.

Thanks!

G2M

Mike

Thanks bro, Greek to me i ordered one last night like Mike's, there was a catch 22 however, Amazon said this was a add on , ships with 25.00 or more purchased :roll:, but bought two more things , so it's on it's way, Earl PS i have a charging station i bought for 25.00 that's nice on the other thread, 6 ports 2.4 A per port.

Mike, Does the speaker turn off when you plug this one in?

On another forum it was stated that the minelab wiring has the plug in for the headphones wired as a mono plug

and a stereo plug does not allow the speaker to shut down when the phones are plugged in.

That’s correct but this adapter won’t shut off the main control volume speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mini plug INTO the detector has to be wired as a mono plug in order to shut down the speaker. Everything else is stereo wired.
ML trying to thwart your use of common accessories. :frustrated:

The mini plug INTO the detector has to be wired as a mono plug in order to shut down the speaker. Everything else is stereo wired.
ML trying to thwart your use of common accessories. :frustrated:

I think you are incorrect. I plugged a stereo plug in and it shut off the speaker, it has to be so it can plug all the way in.

Most adapters are to big around to plug in all the way, so you need one with a cord.

They are incorrect on that forum if they say a stereo plug don't work, the WM08 box and the detector work with a stereo 1/8 plug. I tried both this morning.

I think we are talking about two different things here... my fault.
I am plugging headphones into the detector directly and not using the WM08.

The WM08 is supposed to be stereo output.

Stereo 1/8 plugs work for the detector and WM08 box as long as they plug in all the way, and they shut off the speaker on the detector. You also can adjust the volume to both sides of headphones. You don't need a mono plug for the detector.

Back
Top Bottom