Is there a drone club like the gold coin club?

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Hit the beach at Larryland today and the first target was this Mavic Pro. It had a sinker and fishing line attached to it. Someone had a bad day. It was too big to fit into my pouch and I wanted to take a pic of it for the forums so I walked it all the way back up to my jeep before heading back to find just a few coins.

Larry says I should hang it from the ceiling over my treasure trove coffee table :laughing:

Bucket list item checked off!

Attachments

• Oct 13 18 Drone.jpg
    Oct 13 18 Drone.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 527
its probably damaged beyond repair, it has four esc, a barometer, accelerometer, gyro, gimbal stabalizer ect. All on one pcb and it was most likely powered when it hit the salt water.

Looks like eBay to me! Sweet save!

Looks like it's been there awhile and is toast. :(

its probably damaged beyond repair, it has four esc, a barometer, accelerometer, gyro, gimbal stabalizer ect. All on one pcb and it was most likely powered when it hit the salt water.

Yeah it's toast :( See pic below. Larry and I saw a video awhile back of a guy finding a drone under water and we added that to our bucket list of things to find and joked that we'd likely never find one. His turn now LOL I got mine out of the way.

Not fair...... you find gold... now you find the best JUNK too....:laughing:

LOL My best friend Karen aka S1u2r3f4 on the forums said about the same thing, something like "you find the weirdest and the nicest things.

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 395
Sounds like someone out fishing didn't like getting buzzed by that thing, and took action...then ran!
I saw one drone find posted before. There may be more. Congrats on being a founding member of the drone club.

If it has enough lift, you can use it to run your line out deep. Should have a clip for the fishing line. Quick yank to free the line then back in for a recharge. It would take some pretty good skills to recover after the weight released though.

BCD

Pretty sure that's a good quality one too. A guy I know who does professional drone photography, uses one of those. You may be able to salvage some of the parts from it.

Just the props alone have gotta be worth $5 each?...It would be cool to keep and make a ceiling fan out of it or something...

I think we are all gonna be finding a lot of drones in the future!...Maybe even Droids! Like R2D2?! A guy can figure there will be some pizza delivery Droids getting pushed up and wrecked into a snowpile by a plowboy pretty soon? Hell, in another year Droids will be wandering up and down the streets doing all sorts of functions!

Like a rechargeable Droid Roomba thingy for a guy to employ for walking the dog!? Like a self propelled Canine waste disposal unit and excersize machine all in one! Maybe even make the damn thing voice activated? By the dog!

That would be So Great! I'd never have to be bothered by my little Dog again! Or pick up his excrement! I'd be sitting back drinking and watching TV...like.."HeyDummy! You stupid little dog!, I got you a Roomba for Christmas! Take yourself out for a walk!

I got myself one too! Mines got a beer cooler in it and follows me around like a little Weber grill!...Hot coffee dispenser, even a cook top! George Foreman!

Hell yeah I'm a buyer!:laughing:

Last edited:
Too funny, took my kids fishing last night, and 2 guys were flying racing drones right over our heads. I was wondering what would happen if one contacted our fishing line...... :lol:

In fact, with AI and GPS capabilities, a guy could have a whole fleet of flying drones to deploy out over a beach in formation!! I'd paint mine to look like seagulls, and dive down to snatch wallets and sunglasses and bring them back to me! Like Cormorants! Heck! Just sit in the parking lot or at home and let the drones deploy every morning! Have a few heavy lifters for the towels, a few more programmed for empty cans etc! The possibilities are endless!

Turn a whole battalion of Roomba Droids afield to sweep an entire Sports Complex of clad in about 15 minutes and just sit in the car listening to the radio! With AI and self learning, No pulltabs either! :laughing:

I'd call my beach sweeper Drones the "Grackles" I'd call my Inland Urban Hunters the "Mary Poppins"?...To drop down into chimneys and pull gold right out of jewelry boxes! I'm onto something big here I'm telling you! Thanks Kap! :laughing:

Too funny, took my kids fishing last night, and 2 guys were flying racing drones right over our heads. I was wondering what would happen if one contacted our fishing line...... :lol:

I also fly Racing Quad copters.

If it touched your fishing line then most likely it would wrap the line around the prop shaft then crash.

first target was this Mavic Pro.

Really nice find! Might still be able to get $10-20 for parts, like the props or plastic housing.

There is a flea market on Beach that has a drone store. On the ceiling, there are nearly 50 drones that all had similar fatal endings. Here is one that got tangled on a JEA high-power line.

Attachments

• drone1.jpg
    drone1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 194
  • drone2.jpg
    drone2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 192

Good chance it would cut the line. Maybe also get tangled, maybe just spin off of it.
Yeah, I also fly racing drones- but not over people! They will cut flesh for stitches.

Oh, and props are very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom