End of season?

C-Dog

I went out yesterday, thinking it would be the last time this season. first off, I forgot my headphones, forgot to bring fresh batteries:waaa: I started out finding an old broken Rogers Nickel Silver spoon, some can slaw and the scout pin. cool!, Low batteries now!.got a signal next to a huge White Pine and pulled out my first steel penny!(magnet will pick it up,can just make out the word one on the back). Detector started going crazy because of low batteries, I got a signal that showed "foil",but bounced around. I dug down 5" and found a 1911 Barber dime! this makes 41 silver dimes this season! The shot shells are a Winchester Repeater No 10 and a Remington Express 16 Ga.
I just might go out one more time.LOL..HH..C-Dog

Attachments

• dime 026.jpg
    dime 026.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 289
Nice finds! This is the best time of year IMO, my last hunt last year was in the 3rd week of Dec with 4 in of snow on the ground. Sept and Oct are definitely the best months for MDing around here.

It's not the end of the season yet, I'm in Duluth (which I'm pretty sure is north of you) and as long as the ground isn't frozen I'll be digging. Congrats on the Barber Dime. Sweet find.

Thanks for the comments, I still may get out a few times more, I am going hunting in Wyoming in a week, then its Deer season here! It gets pretty busy around here this late in the fall! The park where I found the 1911 Barber seems to be telling me "one more time" LOL..HH C-Dog

Back
Top Bottom