The Find of a Lifetime!!!! *Update With Pics*

Kolby72

Forum Supporter
So today Big Freeze a Good German buddy of mine and myself met up at the usual spot outside the base. We wanted to add some more silver coins to the ones we have been finding. Well we found lots of stuff, lots of trash everything form coke cans to tin foil which is really rare over here. Were were pretty let down. So we decided to try another spot down the road (Big Freeze I am purposely leaving out the encounter with the weird cat woman lets keep that between us :lol:) Anyways we went to the second spot and we the day started to look up. We found lots of spent .50 cal rounds and even the slugs to go with them. Moving closer to an old Roman road we had some good signals I thought for sure they were going to be Roman coins. Instead I found 2 S-Mine tops! I was pretty excited to find them still intact and in good shape. It was getting to be a bit late in the day and Big Freeze had one last spot to show me that he has been hoarding all to himself for a good while. It was about a 10 min drive to the next spot and i was a bit skeptical about the spot it was tiny to say the least. But he insisted that it was a good spot. Man he was def telling the truth! within minutes I found a grenade just laying on the surface. We dug up 2 German ammo pouches with the ammo still inside, tubes of tooth paste a 20mm round, stripper clips, and all sorts of great stuff.
It was so good I called my buddy up an told him to join us. My buddy arrived about 10 minutes later and started to hunt around us since we were still occupied with the leather ammo pouches. He had a good signal on his Ace250 and he asked me to use my pin pointer to find his target. I moved the dirt and we couldn't believe our eyes! there it was my dream find a MP44!:shock::shock::shock: I screamed like a school girl and it wasn't even my find! it is the closest I hav ever came to peeing my self in public with no alcohol in my system :lol: I dont think my buddy knows exactly what he has but they only made 425,000 of them during the War it is amazing and even thought it's not mine I am happy to say I helped dig it and I am restoring it for him!

Attachments

• 227152_2064369048057_1209678635_2567454_965196_n-1.jpg
    227152_2064369048057_1209678635_2567454_965196_n-1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 8,103
  • DSC_0451.jpg
    DSC_0451.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 8,169
  • DSC_0452.jpg
    DSC_0452.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 8,213
  • DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 7,982
  • DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8,081
  • DSC_0455.jpg
    DSC_0455.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 8,047
Wow, that's a heck of a spot you were hunting there, GREAT finds! That rifle must have rang pretty loud....

I hope it can be restored, I once anodized, coated, and dyed military weapons. I dont know what can take that stuff off, there are some very expensive acids out there that will strip off the crap, but there there may not be much left after. Even striping new parts is not easy you have your work cut out for you, good luck but heck of a find......

Hey thanks guys! I wish I could take the credit but it was Big freezes Spot and my buddy actually found the first signal I just helped dig it up lol

I hope it can be restored, I once anodized, coated, and dyed military weapons. I dont know what can take that stuff off, there are some very expensive acids out there that will strip off the crap, but there there may not be much left after. Even striping new parts is not easy you have your work cut out for you, good luck but heck of a find......

The gun in the 4th and 5th picture looked a lot like this one did it was a fround find as well. A bit of electrolysis and it will clean up real nice.

WOW, you sould have had my job...

Incredable, cant wait to see it when its cleaned up, nice..

Some more pics

Attachments

• DSC_0456.jpg
    DSC_0456.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7,795
  • DSC_0458.jpg
    DSC_0458.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7,856
  • DSC_0460.jpg
    DSC_0460.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7,750
:wow2: that's nuts! And funny too, because someone just had a thread that began with the question: "how common would it be to find a grenade?" Now, what do you do when you find one as far as precautionary measures? Could it be dangerous after all these years? Congrats, I'm interested in the restoration.

:wow2: that's nuts! And funny too, because someone just had a thread that began with the question: "how common would it be to find a grenade?" Now, what do you do when you find one as far as precautionary measures? Could it be dangerous after all these years? Congrats, I'm interested in the restoration.

I have found pretty much every type of explosive form WWII and I am still kicking. the best advice I can give is not to try and take them apart. But other than that they are harmless

Sweet!!!! The MP 44 was my fav weapon to use in COD 4. That's an unbelievable find! :shock:Must be nice living in a country where you can easily locate WW2 relics all the time.

Back
Top Bottom