Kellyco?

i am getting ready to buy, and have been researching models, prices, dealers, and the like ( I don't spend $1000+ without doing my homework).
As far as dealers go, Kellyco seems to spend a lot of money on search engine placement, so they get widely used, and from what I read it seems they have a pretty good reputation. I have read mostly positives, a lot of "they're ok, nothing special", and a few " they tried to pull a fast ones...."

When i am ready to pull the trigger I'll do everything I can to buy local. I'd rather know who i'm buying from, since that's who i'll be dealing with when and if there is a problem, it seems that a lot of detector companies dictate the minimum advertised price, which is why everyone offers the same product at the same price. This is also why a lot of companies offer the free extras instead of discounting the prices. I laugh everytime i see the little plastic shovel they give away, they say it has a retail price of like $30. It looks EXACTLY like the one i bought at home depot for $1.99

Thanks for the info. Always nice to have input from outher customers.

Is this a good company to deal with?

Welcome to Wal Martco customer #555555, please shop with us and add a BOGO foreign P.O.S detector to your buy. It may break (and it will) within a week but feel free to ship it back to us so we can send another P.O.S to you.

We aim to please and thanks again customer #555555.

B = Buying
O = Overseas
G= Garbage
O = Online

Trust me if your shopping with Kellyco (Wal Martco) for there "Special Offers" I highly suggest looking for a nearby dealer and have a look see there first because you can wheel and deal better offers in person, then if your not satisfied then be customer #555555.

Welcome to Wal Martco customer #555555, please shop with us and add a BOGO foreign P.O.S detector to your buy. It may break (and it will) within a week but feel free to ship it back to us so we can send another P.O.S to you.

We aim to please and thanks again customer #555555.

B = Buying
O = Overseas
G= Garbage
O = Online

Trust me if your shopping with Kellyco (Wal Martco) for there "Special Offers" I highly suggest looking for a nearby dealer and have a look see there first because you can wheel and deal better offers in person, then if your not satisfied then be customer #555555.
OUCH!!! I bet somebody is going to get a not so nice pm from one of the mods.......

OUCH!!! I bet somebody is going to get a not so nice pm from one of the mods.......

See no reason why. If this is some website owned and funded by Kellyco I wont bother coming back because that would mean it IS Biased, because not all people are fans of Kellyco or numerous other companies.

I answered a question. I did not start a topic bad mouthing Kellyco, just answered a question. I stand by what I said too.

See no reason why. If this is some website owned and funded by Kellyco I wont bother coming back because that would mean it IS Biased, because not all people are fans of Kellyco or numerous other companies.

I answered a question. I did not start a topic bad mouthing Kellyco, just answered a question. I stand by what I said too.

This website is not biased or owned by Kellyco but aren't you being a little harsh here?

I have used them in the past with no problems at all as many have and with them being a big company they are going to have issues with some customers and yes we have read about them on our board because some are members here...

Believe it or not some people don't want to make a huge investment in our hobby like some of us do and these cheap over seas detectors are perfect for them... so the BOGO is a selling tool and I see anything wrong with it as long as one knows what he is getting... this is why we research to have sites like this so we don't buy as you say junk but again others are weekenders or for children and they don't mind as long as the machine beeps..

Another thing the free stuff... what do you want?.. its free... they are not going to give you a lesche digging tool for free as the metal detector pricing market is set by the manufacturers... you know what I asked for and got? I said keep the free stuff and give me a better price on the detector and that is what I got... nothing is free...

As said every Company has issues with customers... I give good credit for KellyCo. So far ordered two Garret Ace's from them and a Propointer. And Delivered on time.

I've never had a problem and as long I don't I will use them. Granted I have never bought a detector from them, only small stuff like accessories, coils and rods. I try to save my detector buying for the "little guy" who is trying to make a primary or secondary living. I try to deal with one person at Kelly Co. and build a relationship with them, it has seem to have worked so far.

This website is not biased or owned by Kellyco but aren't you being a little harsh here?

I have used them in the past with no problems at all as many have and with them being a big company they are going to have issues with some customers and yes we have read about them on our board because some are members here...

Believe it or not some people don't want to make a huge investment in our hobby like some of us do and these cheap over seas detectors are perfect for them... so the BOGO is a selling tool and I see anything wrong with it as long as one knows what he is getting... this is why we research to have sites like this so we don't buy as you say junk but again others are weekenders or for children and they don't mind as long as the machine beeps..

Another thing the free stuff... what do you want?.. its free... they are not going to give you a lesche digging tool for free as the metal detector pricing market is set by the manufacturers... you know what I asked for and got? I said keep the free stuff and give me a better price on the detector and that is what I got... nothing is free...
I am not putting down KellyCo or anyone else but I beg the difference with you Craig when you said - "Believe it or not some people don't want to make a huge investment in our hobby like some of us do and these cheap over seas detectors are perfect for them". There are "real" detectors very inexpensive (such as the Tesoro Compadre and some of the Bounty Hunters plus many very good used detectors on this and on other forums at a great price for example) that will work and work very well so that a new person to the hobby will not become discouraged with a detector that isn't worth its weight in salt. In my opinion I find it almost a crime for any place selling cheap over seas detectors. I suggest everyone try a set of these pictured below - all you's interested in trying out one of these just send $699.95 plus $19.99 shipping to SkiWhiz 123 upstate New York mention the word "Sweet" and I will send you a free pair of knee high socks to cover your legs if they are ugly,lol. Just having some fun don't get mad at me gang. Steve.

Attachments

• metal-detecting-sandals (Small).jpg
    metal-detecting-sandals (Small).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 858
I've never purchased from KellyCo, but I think classifying them as a "Walmart" clone is a bit unfair. They seem to sell almost every brand of detector out there. It's up to the consumer to purchase a US made product if that's important.

As far as the "free" stuff I did what Cfmct-PI did when I bought, I said keep the "free" stuff and give me a few dollars off my purchase price. That's what they did, I'm happy as a clam.

This website is not biased or owned by Kellyco but aren't you being a little harsh here? ...

Thats good.

Harsh?

If I had the time to explain my bad experience with Kellyco you would understand my feelings. I would NOT recommend them after the way 2 of there employee's acted like jerks because I had to return the Viper MD to them twice, a week after recieving the thing. Trust me I was made to feel it was my fault the Viper was a POS. I returned all my stuff and got my money back.

I'll stick with local MD Shop now where I know the person and can test the detector out in person as well. Anyone wants to use Kellyco more power to you, I'll pass on them no matter what there giving away free/discounted.

LOL Skiwhiz dude that looks sweeeeeeeeettttt and free socks to boot. Where do I send the check?? OOh and do you have size "chicken' for my leg socks??

Just noticed.

Ski look at freakboy's pinky toe, it is crunched and turned sideways or something. Most nails face upwards his is like frankentoe and facing outward.

Glad to see that the advertising company not only is trying to sell you the most stupid homemade detector everrrrrrrrr, but they went cheap with Charlie crooked toe modeling his "OMG WTF is wrong with his toe" look.

I would rather see a circle coil around the flipflop to give the full effect of "Dork from Ork, Nanu Nanu"......yep a Mork and Mindy plug baby!!!

Just noticed.

Ski look at freakboy's pinky toe, it is crunched and turned sideways or something. Most nails face upwards his is like frankentoe and facing outward.

Glad to see that the advertising company not only is trying to sell you the most stupid homemade detector everrrrrrrrr, but they went cheap with Charlie crooked toe modeling his "OMG WTF is wrong with his toe" look.

I would rather see a circle coil around the flipflop to give the full effect of "Dork from Ork, Nanu Nanu"......yep a Mork and Mindy plug baby!!!
C'mon man what do you expect for only $699.95 plus $19.99 shipping. In all seriousness, this is probably the best forum of all for general detectin talk,etc. but I have learned (slow but sure) it is better to hold your tongue if you have something negative to say no matter how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom