Disappointed with Kellyco customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallian

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to Kellyco's customer service asking if they allowed returning customers the opportunity to trade in their metal detectors towards the purchase of a newer unit. I never received a reply.

Yesterday evening, I sent an email to one of the salesmen at Kellyco, asking about the possibility of switching out the 12.5" eXcelerator coil to an 8" Tornado coil for the Sovereign GT. No reply.

I called about an hour and a half ago to ask why I am not getting any responses from their salespeople, and the guy I spoke to cut me off in mid sentence and rudely asked "Well what problems or questions did you have sir?" I explained to him the situation and he told me that all of the salespeople are currently helping other customers, and they would call me as soon as they are done. I gave him my phone number and have been waiting ever since.

Kellyco isn't the only dealer that gives freebies when you buy from them, maybe I would be better off buying from someone else. This isn't the way to treat returning customers, especially considering that I bought an expensive detector from them in the past. Maybe they are so big now that they simply don't care about customer service anymore?

I know they sponsor this site, so I hope this thread doesn't get deleted.

i wouldnt buy one thing from them, theres plenty of other companies that will take your money with a smile and freindly service

Yea, everytime I've chatted with them, they either don't answer the IM or a get a one sentence answer on a question. I've emailed lots of times and no answer, Looks like Tonys shop will get my bus. emailed 3 times today and got 3 prompt answers.

This has ALWAYS been the way KellyCo operates. They offer prices lower than B&M shops can typically afford to. People are alway drawn to the the lowest price. If you need help, or have a question then you are on your own.

If you want someone to take trade-ins, or help you after a sale, then buy from your local shop.

I haven't done any buissiness with them but I tried. I was ordering an ace 250 sports package and shipping was free. I tried twice to submit my order and both times a shipping price was not deducted from my total. Maybe it would be after I would have hit submit??? I just went to another site and got it for the same price with free shipping and was done withi it.

There a huge company dealing with 1000's of people everyday, I have bought many item's from them with no problems...Although I am still waiting for the catalog I ordered at the beginning of last summer..:roll: :lol:...

Sounds like my story isn't unique. I just sent their customer service department an email indicating that I am no longer a customer of theirs.

I have always said give the little dealers a shot. Most of these small dealers have regular jobs and sell detectors because they love the hobby, not into for a living & they know what they are doing and care about their customers. I have done business with and got to know many small dealers that I find it hard deciding which one to buy from, believe me there are many many good dealers out there.

Just a heads up KellyCo sponsors this site, have to bite your tongue sometimes. I don't do any business with them and can't comment on their service but have read more than once that they have some people that work there that don't know much about detectors. If I worked at a flower shop I would know about flowers, if I was a mechanic I would know about cars,etc. Don't understand how a person can work in a business and not know anything about the business & this goes for more than metal detectors, just go to your local Radio Shack and see what I am talking about.

No offense to anyone here, but I dont think you need to bite your tongue because Kellyco sponsers this site. They sponser it because it gets them that big banner ad at the top of the page, not out of the goodness of thier hearts. So far, the only sponser being a part of this forum, offering free advice, and asking questions is Tony! Yes, i'm sure Tony is about making money as well, but it seems to me that he at least understands the value of customer service, which is why my money will go to him next week!

-Jason

Ironically I have had much better experiences buying from Kellyco than I have from other forum sponsors. But that's just my expereince.

Hope things don't get ugly. We all have our favorite places to purchase just like we all have our favorite detectors.

Are you willing to elaborate?

Every time I have odered from Kellyco (3 times) their customer service was pleasant, prompt, and easy. I ordered over the phone each time. The few questions I had were answered at the time without pause or uncertainty. The prices were good. And most important, my orders arrived promptly each time.

I have purchased a detector and equipment two times from another forum sponsor. I had trouble getting through each time. The regular phone number was NEVER answered, when my messages were returned I was told to call back on a cell phone number. I'm not a fan of cell phones. I don't want to talk to a guy while he's driving around or eating at McDonalds or whatever. After my order was placed each time, delivery took MUCH longer than it should have. Long story short it took many emails and missed phone calls figuring out if my items had been sent, when it would arrive, etc. And when it did arrive, a promise accessory was not included. It took more emails to find out the accessory was on back order, but of course at no point during the sale or the emails that followed was that mentioned. Just not a fun experience. The experience was the same the second time. Slow, slow delivery and lots of emails just to try to find out if the item had even shipped yet.

Like I said though, that's just my experience. Some guys want to buy from the little dealers who will talk and answer their questions and be their buddy. I'm not really interested in that, especially when the trade off is that the guy is never available or moves a lot or doesn't have regular hours. I'll take good prices, consistency, and quick reliable delivery. I don't need a buddy and if I have questions I can usually get them answered here. But that's just me.

Hope things don't get ugly. We all have our favorite places to purchase just like we all have our favorite detectors.

Yep! We all value different things, and have all had our own experiences. I would advise everyone to try a couple dealers and go with whoever they feel best spedning their money with. If you have a lousy experience, try someone else!

Every time I have odered from Kellyco (3 times) their customer service was pleasant, prompt, and easy. I ordered over the phone each time. The few questions I had were answered at the time without pause or uncertainty. The prices were good. And most important, my orders arrived promptly each time.

I have purchased a detector and equipment two times from another forum sponsor. I had trouble getting through each time. The regular phone number was NEVER answered, when my messages were returned I was told to call back on a cell phone number. I'm not a fan of cell phones. I don't want to talk to a guy while he's driving around or eating at McDonalds or whatever. After my order was placed each time, delivery took MUCH longer than it should have. Long story short it took many emails and missed phone calls figuring out if my items had been sent, when it would arrive, etc. And when it did arrive, a promise accessory was not included. It took more emails to find out the accessory was on back order, but of course at no point during the sale or the emails that followed was that mentioned. Just not a fun experience. The experience was the same the second time. Slow, slow delivery and lots of emails just to try to find out if the item had even shipped yet.

Like I said though, that's just my experience. Some guys want to buy from the little dealers who will talk and answer their questions and be their buddy. I'm not really interested in that, especially when the trade off is that the guy is never available or moves a lot or doesn't have regular hours. I'll take good prices, consistency, and quick reliable delivery. I don't need a buddy and if I have questions I can usually get them answered here. But that's just me.
Good post--shares my multiple experiences.

Ditto here

Hello from New Zealand. I have emailed 2 forum sponsors in the last week wanting to purchase approx USD$250 worth of accessories. Neither have replied. I guess the reccession isn't that bad if my moneys no good. lol.
Can anyone reccommend a store that will ship internationally and answer/acknowledge emails? Cheers.

I didn't have a problem with them-but that was 5yrs ago.
Purchased my EX II and coils there

Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom